Once upon a time my brave family set out on an epic quest. We attempted to watch 50 Disney animated movies before our fall trip to Walt Disney World.
The idea is not for the faint of heart — finishing all 50 movies took us about four months, playing 3-4 movies per week. Silly me thought we could knock it out during the kids’ 10-week summer break, but that was unrealistic! Some films only the kids watched, some we made into family movie nights with snacks. Together, we screened movies I hadn’t seen since childhood; many my four children had never seen.
While our personal nostalgia makes everything Disney seem awesome, does anyone remember The Black Cauldron? Definitely not the high point of Disney animation. How long has it been since you saw Saludos Amigos, the movie that the boat ride in Epcot’s Mexico pavilion is based on? I remembered how much I love the music in Hercules!
While you may not have the desire or stamina to tackle every Disney animated movie (now numbering 57 when Ralph Breaks the Internet arrives this November), you can create your own list and have fun rediscovering your favorites.
Your movie list could be made of:
- Disney princess movies
- Movies with boys as heroes, like Pinocchio, Aladdin, Treasure Planet, Meet the Robinsons
- Pixar movies
- Movies with an attraction at Disneyland or Walt Disney World (great before a trip to familiarize kids)
- Movies you’ve never seen, especially the older ones
- Awesome villain movies – watch Frollo, Shan Yu, Malificent, Scar, and Ratigan chew the scenery — Halloweentime?
Your family could time the completion date to lead up to a new Disney release, or to countdown to a Disney trip.
Tips for a magical experience:
- Use a search engine to find a “list of Disney animated movies.”
- Print your personal list to check off the movies as you watch them. Consider using pictures for younger children.
- Be sure you can finish your list – Do you have enough time? Can you get all of the movies you want?
- Locate the movies you want to view: Check your collection, friends and family, the library, or used bookstores.
- When you complete your list, reward yourselves with a special treat!
Did you like this article? Make sure to share it with your friends! Check below for easy ways to share!
Want to visit Walt Disney World? Contact The Magic for Less Travel for more information and a free, no-obligation quote.
Incoming search terms:
- https://www themouseforless com/blog_world/an-epic-disney-animated-movies-quest/