There’s a pretty big problem that happens when you have a hot, relatively new attraction that was previously difficult to ride prior to a pandemic, and now you must employ physical distancing. It means even less Guests have a chance to ride. That what has been happening with the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge attraction, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
Back when Disney’s Hollywood Studios reopened on July 15, the attraction once again offered the virtual queue system. This time, Disney staggered the times in which boarding passes were released. The big problem (and granted it was a big problem before all this physical distancing was required) is that the boarding pass system fills up almost immediately when the virtual queue is opened.
Due to the demand, Disney will be changing the times that they open the virtual queue. It will now only be offered to be joined at 10:00 a.m. or 2:00 p.m. These two opportunities are intended to give guests more flexibility in their planning, and are also a way to further support physical distancing.
Want to learn the best way to join the virtual queue?
- Guests will need to make sure they have the My Disney Experience app. Once Guests enter the park, they will need to log in to their account at one of the three distribution times.
- Once logged in, Guests will need to select “Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue” on the home screen where they will be able to view the current status and learn the next steps for joining the virtual queue.
- The app will indicate when there is no availability for a specific distribution time. As mentioned previously, like before, backup groups will be available.
- As long as the Guest’s My Disney Experience account is linked to park tickets for you and the others in your group, everyone can get a reservation for the virtual queue at the same time.
- Keep in mind that Guests can only enter the virtual queue once per day.
- Guests will want to make sure push notifications are turned on for My Disney Experience which will alert you if your group is called to return.’
- Guests will have up to an hour from the time of the alert to go to the entrance of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance to be able to ride the attraction.
- Joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
If you have any questions or need assistance with joining the virtual queue, Cast Members at Guest Experience Team locations throughout the park are available to assist.
Currently, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance is the only attraction where Guests will need to reserve a boarding pass. For other attractions at Walt Disney World Resort, the regular standby queues will be in use. Fastpass+ will not be available for Guests to utilize.