The Walt Disney World Resort shared some major updates about the status of buffets, updates on some menus, and the replacement The Wave at Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
First, let’s start with the fact that buffets are coming back. The first buffet debuted today. Boma at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge once again offers all-you-care-to-enjoy breakfast and dinner. Breakfast favorites include things like creamy pap, turkey bobotie, pancakes, waffles, deviled eggs with salmon, and freshly baked items. Dinner will include pork ribs, salmon, African-spiced strip loin, Durban rotisserie chicken, and lamb bobotie. Plus, the selection of soups, stews, and chowders are back, as well as salads like berbere chickpea salad and North African cauliflower salad. Oh and yes, Zebra Domes are back too!
The next buffet to debut will be Biergarten on August 29. This EPCOT German pavilion choice will offer its buffet for lunch and dinner. Guests will be able to enjoy favorite German dishes like pretzel rolls, bratwurst, spätzle, schnitzel, apple strudel and black forest rolls.
Finally, The Crystal Palace at the Magic Kingdom will once again be serving their buffet for lunch and dinner starting September 12. Menu items will include Parker House rolls, create-your-own fresh garden salad, seared pork tenderloin, fire-roasted prime rib, braised beef short ribs, and more. Bye bye to the three course menu I tried a few months back.
More Dining Options Returning
Also returning is Nine Dragons Restaurant in the China pavilion at EPCOT. The restaurant will be open for dinner, Tuesday-Saturday. Guests can enjoy Sichuan Chicken Dumplings, Crispy Duck Bao Buns, Hot & Sour Soup. Kung Pao Duo, Salt and Pepper Shrimp, Spicy Honey Crispy Chicken, and Kowloon Spare Ribs.
Also seeing a bit of a change is Cinderella’s Royal Table. That’s because breakfast will return to the table service Magic Kingdom restaurant starting August 27! Reservations for breakfast will be available beginning August 24.
Over at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Kusafiri Coffee Shop and Bakery will reopen on August 29. New menu items will include:
- Spiced Potato Hand Pies – Vegetables and potatoes wrapped in pastry served with harissa aïoli and coriander chutney
- Marinated Chicken Flatbread Sandwich – Marinated chicken topped with cucumber–tomato salad, tahini sauce, and greens served with house-made chips
- Red Chili Hot Dog – Spicy hot dog topped with cucumber–tomato salad and harissa aïoli served with house-made chips
Also at Dockside Diner at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, there will be new menu offerings. This quick spot will open on August 22 and will now offer:
- Shrimp Salad Roll – Shrimp, arugula, tomatoes, pickled shaved fennel, and sliced radish tossed with rémoulade sauce on a brioche butter bun served with seasoned house-made chips
- Chipotle Chicken Salad Roll – Roasted pulled chicken salad with red onions, celery, tomatoes, and watercress tossed with chipotle aïoli and topped with fried onions on a brioche butter bun served with seasoned house-made chips
- Smoked Fish Dip served with seasoned house-made chips, celery, carrots, jalapeños, and pickles
- Seaside Brownie – Chocolate brownie topped with white chocolate ganache and seaside garnish
- Blue Sea Margarita – Tequila, blue Curaçao, and sweet-and-sour
Replacement for The Wave Announced
But let’s get to my favorite. The Wave. We knew that it would be seeing a new concept and that new dining concept is called Steakhouse 71. The restaurant will open later this fall and it will be a casual dining concept. Steakhouse gets its name from the resort’s opening year.
We’ll make sure to keep you up to date with the latest Walt Disney World dining news!