Due to the ever changing landscape thanks to COVID-19, today, the Walt Disney World Resort shared that a number of their hotels will be delayed in reopening. Original reopening dates were announced back in June for a number of Walt Disney World Resort Hotels, however Disney has decided to make some changes for Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Disney Beach Club Resort, and Disney’s BoardWalk Inn.
The new planned reopening dates will be as follows:
- July 29: Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Aug. 24: Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
- Sept. 21: Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Oct. 4: Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Oct. 14: Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- Nov. 1: Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
Disney’s Beach Club Resort and Disney’s BoardWalk Inn will now remain closed until further notice and their reopening timeline will be reevaluated. Disney has stated that they will continue to evaluate adjustments to hotel opening dates as needed and will reopen when the timing is right to do so.
Disney will be reaching out to Guests who have upcoming reservations that are impacted by changes and will modify reservations to other Walt Disney World Resort hotels.