It’s almost April and that means we’ll soon not only be celebrating Earth Month, but also Disney’s Animal Kingdom‘s anniversary month! (The park officially opened on Earth Day 1998!) To celebrate the park and the month overall, from April 18 to 24, Disney’s Animal Kingdom will offer Guests the opportunity to celebrate with limited-time experiences. Here’s what you’ll be able to experience to celebrate:
- At The Animation Experience at Conservation Station you can learn to draw characters who’s real life counterparts are being protected due to conservation efforts. Learn how to draw characters like Dumbo, Terk, Squirt, Shere Khan, Simba and Scar.
- There will be the opportunity to earn a limited-time Wilderness Explorer Earth Day Nature badge.
- See special and unique characters on Discovery River Character Cruises.
- Disney PhotoPass will offer special in-park Earth Day backgrounds and Magic Shots, including an all-new photo opportunity.
- Yes, there will be snacks. There will be limited-time specialty cupcakes including the Honey Bee Cupcake at Creature Comforts, the strawberry-flavored Flamingo Cupcake at Flame Tree Barbecue, or the Sea Turtle Graham Cracker Cupcake at Restaurantosaurus Lounge. (They will also have the Crave the Wave cocktail.)
- Purchase a special Earth Day 2021 limited-edition Te Fiti Moana trading pin.
- There are a number of new animals that Guests can see including Ranger, the five-month-old white rhino calf aboard Kilimanjaro Safaris. There are also two young Masai giraffe who were born a few months ago, and playful Nigerian dwarf goats that hang out at the warden’s outpost.
- Beginning April 2 to celebrate Earth Month, watch as artisans transform 40 tons of sand into a detailed sculpture. The sculpture will celebrate National Geographic’s “Secrets of the Whales.” This is an original series streaming on Disney+ on Earth Day. The intricate sculpted masterpiece will be located on the Discovery Island Stage until April 30.
The Mouse For Less recommends the Walt Disney World vacation planning services provided by our sponsor, The Magic For Less Travel. The Magic For Less Travel is an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner and provides service free of charge.
For vacation planning information, please visit our Walt Disney World planning section.