It’s time to start thinking about spring, right? I know with the snow blanketing about half the country right now, most are already thinking of escaping the cold! The best way to do that? By visiting Walt Disney World for the 27th annual Epcot Flower and Garden Festival.
For those who don’t know, this festival celebrates all gardens, topiaries, and blooming plants. New for 2020 will be a Remy topiary who will be found as the centerpiece of a Ratatouille Garden at the France pavilion. Remy will be surrounded by a colorful garden of veggies that make up the ingredients of the dish, ratatouille.
Guests who visit this time of year will find floating gardens, flower towers and topiaries, and gorgeous flower beds. This year’s topiaries will include Anna and Elsa, Snow White, Buzz Lightyear, Miss Piggy and Kermit the Frog, Tinker Bell, and Bambi.
Kids will want to check out the Goodness Garden Butterfly House where hundreds of butterflies can be found. There will also be the Play Full Garden which will provide a unique playground experience.
The Outdoor Kitchens will be returning. This year there will be 17 kitchens to choose from, including returning favorites – The Honey Bee-stro, The Citrus Blossom, and Florida Fresh.
The Garden Rocks Concert Series will take place in the America Gardens Theatre. A partial schedule is now available:
- March 4-5 – Peabo Bryson NEW
- March 13-16 – Simple Plan
- March 17-19 – STARSHIP featuring Mickey Thomas
- March 20-23 – Mark Wills NEW to Garden Rocks
- March 24-26 – The Spinners
- March 27-28 – Sister Hazel
- March 29-30 – The Pointer Sisters
- March 31-April 2 – Former Journey Lead Vocalist Steve Augeri
- April 3-4 – Blood, Sweat & Tears
- April 5-6 – Exposé
- April 7-9 – Berlin
- April 19-20 – Rick Springfield
- April 24-27 – Plain White T’s
- April 28-30 – Don Felder, formerly of The Eagles
- May 1-2 – Don McLean NEW
- May 5-7 – Ambrosia with Peter Beckett NEW
- May 8-9 – Thelma Houston NEW
- May 10-11 – The Allman Betts Band NEW to Garden Rocks
- May 12-14 – Air Supply
- May 15-18 – Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone
- May 19-21 – Mike DelGuidice & Big Shot NEW to Garden Rocks
- May 24-25 – Daughtry NEW
- May 26-28 – Marshall Tucker Band
- May 31-June 1 – Survivor
Guests who have a can’t miss performer they want to see should consider purchasing a Garden Rocks Concert Series Dining Package. Each package includes breakfast, lunch or dinner at select Epcot restaurants and guaranteed concert seating. Reservations will open to Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club members December 18 and to the general public December 19.
The Epcot Flower and Garden Festival will take place from March 4 through June 1 (90 days total) and the festival, including Garden Rocks concerts and all gardens and exhibits, is included in regular Epcot admission.