(Universal Orlando no longer require fully vaccinated guests to wear face coverings effective Saturday, Feb. 12, 2022)
The Universal Orlando Resort is officially changing their face mask policy to to more in line with recommendations from the CDC.
Moving forward, appropriate face coverings must fit the following criteria:
- Must cover your nose and mouth and be secured under your chin
- Must fit snugly against the sides of your face and be secured with ear loops or secured around your head
- Must be at least two-ply (consist of at least two layers)
The following are NOT permitted at Universal Orlando Resort:
- Face coverings with exhalation valves
- Face coverings that are not secured with ear loops or secured around your head
- Face coverings that include mesh material or holes of any kind
- Costume masks or veils, per our costume guidelines
In addition, Universal Orlando Resort has new rules about wearing face coverings and eating or drinking. Now, Guests must wear a face mask at all times, unless they are actively eating or drinking, and they must also be socially distanced from other travel parties while consuming their food or beverage. When dining in restaurants, tables and seating are arranged so that Guests can safely remove their face coverings.
For those who need face masks, Universal Orlando does sell uniquely themed mask, including coverings themed around The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. (I may have bought one myself!)