Guests who visit Disney California Adventure from January 17 through February 9 will be able to celebrate Lunar New Year! This year is the Year of the Mouse and Guests will be able to celebrate the event with live entertainment, musical performances, delicious food, and more.
During the Lunar New Year celebration at Disney California Adventure events will include:
- “Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession” is a celebratory parade that is led by Mulan. This parade honors Lunar New Year and dedicates the new year’s blessings to family and friendship. Performers bring dance, martial arts and drumming to the procession, which will run several times daily.
- “Hurry Home – Lunar New Year Celebration” is a water projection show that will take place prior to “World of Color”. Hurry Home tells the tale of a little lantern’s quest to reunite with family for the annual celebration of good luck and fortune.
- Mickey and Minnie will be able to be found in new festive Lunar New Year attire this year as they greet Guests at Paradise Gardens. Guests should also be on the lookout for Mulan, Pluto, and the Three Little Pigs.
- Enjoy four festive marketplaces with food and beverages inspired by Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese cultures. Booths include Longevity Noodle Co., Lucky 8 Lantern, Prosperity Bao & Buns and Red Dragon Spice Traders.
- Live performances will take place courtesy of authentic Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese dancers and musicians throughout Paradise Gardens Park.
- Kid-friendly Crafts and Activities which will include dragon’s pearl coloring craft and Chinese calligraphy with local artisans. Plus, there will be face painting opportunities that will be available for purchase.
- After strolling beneath strings of ornamental lanterns in Paradise Gardens, Guests will be able to stop at the Lucky Wishing Well to write down wishes and tie them to the wall in hopes for a prosperous future.
- Commemorative Merchandise will abound as Guests will be able to pick up spirit jerseys, bobble-head figures with Chip and Dale, a traditional red envelope set, themed Minnie Mouse ears and more.
Lunar New Year is traditionally celebrated within Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese cultures and celebrates the celestial journey of the sun and the moon on their journey towards another year.