It was recently announced that Anaheim Ducks Day will be taking place at the Disneyland Resort on January 8. Guests who visit Disney California Adventure will be able to celebrate the hockey team in Hollywood Land with meet and greets, hockey-themed activities, photo opportunities, special decor and more!
Here’s what you can expect to experience:
- Ducks Cavalcade, Performance Corridor at 1:30 p.m. – Pick a spot along the performance corridor from Paradise Gardens to Carthay Circle to see some favorite Anaheim Ducks players
- Fan Headquarters, Stage 17 from 10:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. – Test your hockey skills with themed activities, learn about the science of hockey, take part in interactive photo opportunities and meet a very special mascot.
- Meet & Greet with Players, Hollywood Backlot Stage at 2:15 p.m., 3:00 p.m., and 3:45 p.m. – See some favorite hockey stars on the Hollywood Backlot Stage. Wristbands for your choice of one meet-and-greet experience per guest will be distributed at park opening in the Hollywood Backlot area near the Hyperion Theater queue. Please enter the wristband distribution queue available at park opening as you enter Hollywood Land. Wristbands are extremely limited per experience and available while supplies last. No autographs will be given; please do not bring any items to be signed.
- Anaheim Ducks Champion Showcase, Mickey’s PhilharMagic Theater from 8:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. – Catch memorable, clips, moments and highlights from the “Best of the Anaheim Ducks!”
- Animation Academy – Throughout the day, learn how to draw some favorite Disney “ducks” with our Animation Academy artists. Make sure to check the Disneyland App for operating hours and show times.
If you are looking for merchandise, you’ll find it outside Stage 17. Purchase special Anaheim Ducks Day merchandise, including apparel (adult tees, ladies tees, spirit jerseys), a specially created hockey puck inspired headband, beanie, scarf, hockey puck and limited-edition pin. Merchandise is limited and available while supplies last. Purchase limits apply. No discounts allowed.
And yes, there will of course be specialty treats. Find a vanilla ice cream puck dipped in dark chocolate at Clarabelle’s Hand-Scooped Ice Cream, an orange crème at Trolley Treats, a hockey puck themed brownie at Studio Catering Co., orange shake at Schmoozies and a macaron at Award Wieners along with Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta. Finally, at the Hollywood Land outdoor vending cart near Off the Page you’ll find orange-flavored cotton candy, special beverages, hot wings and more!
As part of the event, both Disney and the Ducks will highlight contributions to the community including educational and environmental programs, as well as a partnership with three local nonprofit organizations (Cops 4 Kids, Pure Game, GOALS) who will all take part in the special day.
For those who will be attending the event, make sure to use the hashtag, #AnaheimDucksDay.