Today, we celebrate Christmas in July and what better way to celebrate than with details about what Guests can experience this year at the Disneyland Resort during the holiday season. This year, the Disneyland Resort will offer special holiday decor, attraction overlays, shows, and more from November 8 through January 6.
Want to know more about what to expect? Here’s a handy little guide:
Disney California Adventure
- “World of Color – Season of Light”: This nighttime spectacular mixes cherished holiday music with memorable moments from Disney animated films.
- Disney Festival of Holidays: Guests will be able to celebrate various cultures through entertainment and special traditions. There will also be the Festive Foods Marketplace that features a mix of holiday dishes and beverages that bridge many diverse cultures and family traditions.
- “Disney ¡Viva Navidad! Street Party”: This is a celebration that features folklórico and samba dancers, live musicians, and favorite characters.
- Cars Land: Here, the characters from the movie have taken over and are ready to celebrate! There are two attractions that are transformed for the season – Luigi’s Joy to the Whirl and Mater’s Jingle Jamboree. In addition, Guests will be able to be greeted by the“Snowcar” on the road to Radiator Springs. Finally, each “Cars” character gets a holiday makeover.
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail: Guests will enjoy special holiday-themed activities with Santa and his sleigh full of mischievous elves at Santa’s Holiday Visit.
- Buena Vista Street: Marvel over the dazzling, 50-foot Christmas tree.
- “Believe … in Holiday Magic” fireworks spectacular: This show features a magical snowfall finale
- “A Christmas Fantasy” Parade: This daily procession features floats, music and marching “tin soldiers.”
- Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle: Guests can enjoy the shimmering icicles and twinkling lights.
- Main Street U.S.A: You’ll gaze in awe over 60-foot tall Christmas tree which is decorated with nearly 1,800 ornaments.
- “it’s a small world”: The classic attraction is transformed each evening into “it’s a small world” Holiday, with 50,000-plus colorful lights, music and video projections.
- Haunted Mansion Holiday: This attraction is redone for the holiday season and features Jack Skellington and his friends are causing a collision between Christmas and Halloween in the celebration of the film, The Nightmare before Christmas.
Other Holiday Festivities
In addition, throughout the resort, during the holidays, Guests can visit Downtown Disney District for festive shopping, dining and entertainment. Finally, the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort also join in the celebration with twinkling lights and ornaments, holiday displays, special entertainment and holiday-inspired eats and treats.
Get ready to celebrate the holidays in merry fashioned at the Disneyland Resort this year.