After much anticipation, the government of California shared today, an update on when their local theme parks could officially reopen. The guidelines that were released were shared with a goal to provide a safe, clean environment for workers and customers.
There are four different tiers that asses a county’s risk level and Disneyland can officially reopen when their county hits a Yellow tier level. The park will then be able to reopen with a capacity that is limited to 25% based on the park’s overall operating capacity.
Currently, the Disneyland Resort is in an area with a Red tier.
Here is a breakdown of the different tiers:
The guidelines break out safety tips such as:
- ventilation, cleaning and disinfection protocols
- physical distancing guidelines
- considerations for admission, entry, and security
- considerations for attractions and dining
- considerations for performances, interactive exhibits, and events
There are other guidelines that were also shared for what needs to occur for when can Disneyland reopen. The full list of guidelines can be found here.