We mentioned it earlier this month, but today Disney has shared LOTS of details about the new special experience event that’s coming to Disney California Adventure. A Touch of Disney will allow Guests to experience select outdoor areas inside the park, allowing them to be able to dine, shop and unwind in an iconic setting. This experience will be offered Thursdays through Mondays from 12:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. A Touch of Disney officially starts on March 18 and will run, as of right now through April 5. Tickets will go on sale on March 4.
The introductory cost for this experience is $75 for ages 3 and up. Tickets for A Touch of Disney must be purchased in advance online, for specific dates, which are subject to availability. Since this is a limited time experience, dates for this event, ticket availability and prices for the A Touch of Disney experience will be released on a rolling basis until the experience ends. Tickets for A Touch of Disney will be unable to be purchased at the Main Entrance Ticket Booth.
Guests who purchase a ticket will get the following, in addition to being able to enter the park:
- Parking at the Mickey & Friends Parking Structure. Guests may enter the parking structure beginning at 11:30 a.m.
- A $25 A Touch of Disney Dining Card that is redeemable for food and nonalcoholic beverages at select dining locations within the Disneyland Resort
- Unlimited digital downloads of Disney PhotoPass photos captured during the experience.
During this experience, Guests will be able to classic and specialty menu items from around the Disneyland Resort. These will be available for purchase at open-air Marketplaces. There will also be select alfresco dining locations available. Yummy treats will be offered at carts. Goodies will include things like Dole Whips, churros, popcorn, ice cream novelties and more.
Restaurants that will be available will include:
- Sonoma Terrace
- Award Wieners
- Smokejumpers Grill
- Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats
- Cocina Cucamonga
- Carthay Circle Lounge – Alfresco Dining
- Lamplight Lounge
Reservations for Lamplight Lounge and Carthay Circle Lounge – Alfresco Dining will be made available for this ticketed event beginning March 11. Reservations do not provide admission to A Touch of Disney. Dining at those locations requires A Touch of Disney ticket that is valid on the same day as the table reservation.
Guests who choose to dine at open-air Marketplaces will be able to place orders via Mobile Ordering. These options will include:
- Disney D-Lish – New twists on classic sweets like the Very Very Berry Mickey Waffle.
- California Craft Brews – Craft beer and appetizing bites
- LA Style – Southland food-truck flavors like the Pork Belly Bánh Mì.
- Golden Dreams – Sweet & spicy chicken wings from Trader Sam’s and strawberry rose lemonade.
- Uncork California –A mimosa flight and an assorted California cheese plate.
- Cluck-A-Doodle-Moo – Chicken gumbo and the grilled beef tenderloin slider.
- Willie’s Churros – Buena Vista Street
- Popcorn Near Carthay Circle Lounge – Alfresco Dining – Buena Vista Street
- Cappuccino Cart – Pacific Wharf
- Vending Cart – Performance Corridor
- Vending Cart – Refreshment Point
- Popcorn at Pixar Pier – Pixar Pier
- Poultry Palace – Pixar Pier
- Churros near Redwood Creek Challenge Trail – Grizzly Peak
If you’re looking to go shopping, you’ll also have the ability to do so! Select shops will be open offering apparel, accessories, and more. The following shops will be open:
- Bing Bong’s Sweet Stuff
- Elias & Co.
- Off the Page
Guests will experience surprise character sightings throughout the park! You might catch Mickey Mouse and friends in unexpected locations. Mater and Lightning McQueen may be seen in Cars Land. Pixar Pier may feature Joy and Sadness. These characters are there to welcome you back with a socially distanced wave.
Disney PhotoPass photographers will be on hand to capture memorable moments throughout the park. Guests will also discover unique, new photo spots; some will be available only to guests who attend this event. For example, Guests may be able to pose for a photo in front of a Pixar Play Parade float. There may also be the opportunity to pose with the convertibles from Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters.
In addition, specifically for this event, there will be a new, specially curated soundtrack of reimagined Disney songs that will be broadcast throughout the park.
Of course, Guests won’t be able to ride their favorite attractions, as they must remain closed for now.
The Downtown Disney District will remain open seven days a week. However to make way for this new experience, Buena Vista Street will only remain open as an extension of the Downtown Disney District through March 14.
Of course, all safety and health protocols will be followed. Temperature checks and security screenings are required for all A Touch of Disney Guests. High-traffic areas such as handrails, benches, tables, handles, restrooms will see enhanced cleaning proceedures. Guests will find hand sanitizer and hand-washing locations stationed throughout. Visiting Guests are highly encouraged to use these. Face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 2 and up) and Cast Members. This includes those who have received a COVID-19 vaccine.
More details about A Touch of Disney can be found here.