Australia Booth. Garlic Shrimp with Tomatoes, Lemon and Broccoli Rabe
It's the most wonderful time of the year! It's Epcot Food and Wine Festival time! The best part of the festival is eating, of course, but there are plenty of dishes that I know I've come home and thought, man...that was good! I wish I could make that on a semi-regular basis! So, I'm going to try to share a few recipes over the next few weeks of things that have been featured at the Festival that you too can enjoy from your own dining room table!
- 24 medium shrimp peeled and de-veined
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons oil from sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil drained and chopped
- 3/4 pound broccoli rabe cut into thirds
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
Season shrimp with salt, pepper, and chili powder.
Heat olive oil and sun-dried tomato oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
Add shrimp and cook for about 2 minutes, tossing once or twice. Add garlic, tomatoes, and broccoli rabe; cook another 2 to 3 minutes, tossing once or twice.
Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and zest.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.