Did you know that July is National Ice Cream Month? You know I’m down for celebrating that, right? I mean, it’s delicious, creamy, sweet, and the perfect treat for a summer day.
While there are a ton of places that serve ice cream at Walt Disney World, one of the newer locations is also one of the best. Ample Hills Creamery opened in 2016 on the BoardWalk at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn Resort and it has been serving unique and delicious flavors ever since. The shop specializes in a creative approach to all things ice cream, features with unique flavors such as Ooey Gooey Butter Cake, Malty Salty Pretzel Punch, Coffee Toffee Coffee, and a one-of-a-kind flavor exclusive just to the Walt Disney World Resort. The ice cream is made from grass fed cows milk, organic cane sugar and made-from-scratch ingredients. Ample Hills features an on-stage kitchen and plenty of ice cream treats to choose from. Oh and they have some unique cone options too, like a pretzel cone and a cookie cone! Oh, and their sundaes are massive!
But one of their best options, hands down, is the ice cream flight! What is an ice cream flight? It’s 6 small scoops of different flavors of ice cream! You get to choose the flavors and while you could probably eat all the ice cream yourself, it’s better to share!
On my recent trip, I tried the following flavors:
- Ooey Gooey Butter cake – the creamiest Vanilla Ice Cream made with Cream Cheese and gobs of House-made St. Louis-Style Ooey Gooey Butter Cake. (I’m from St. Louis and this is the real deal!)
- PB Wins the Cup – Vanilla Ice Cream with Peanut Butter Chocolate flakes and House-made Peanut Butter Cups
- Coffee Toffee Coffee – Coffee Ice Cream with Housemade Espresso-Infused Chocolate-Covered Toffee Pieces
- Dark Chocolate – Rich Dark Chocolate Ice Cream made with 72% E. Guiffard Chocolate
- Peppermint Pattie – Cool Peppermint Ice Cream with flakes of Dark Chocolate and House-made Peppermint Patties
- Baked/Unbaked – Vanilla Ice Cream with pieces of Housemade Chocolate Chip Cookies and Brown Butter Cookie Dough
All the ice cream options were definitely high quality and had delicious taste. My favorites were definitely the dark chocolate and yes, the ooey gooey butter cake. (Though I definitely liked the Baked/Unbaked one a lot too!)
Oh and the cost for the flight isn’t too much more than a regular ice cream sundae for all 6 flavors! So, if you’re looking for a unique way to try multiple flavors from Ample Hills (and trust me, why wouldn’t you want to?!) this is seriously the best way to do it!
No matter what though, making a stop at Ample Hills is always a must do when visiting the Walt Disney World Resort! (Especially since the shop is just a hop, skip, and a jump from Epcot’s International Gateway entrance!)
Have you tried Ample Hills yet? What were your thoughts? Share in the comments, or on Facebook or Twitter.
Did you like this article? Make sure to share it with your friends! Check below for easy ways to share!