Guests will be able to enjoy holiday traditions from around the world with the return of the EPCOT Festival of the Holidays. This year, the festivities will kick off on November 27 and it last until December 30. The park will celebrate with a paired back version of the normal event, calling this year a Taste of the EPCOT Festival of the Holidays. Guests will be able to celebrate with a cookie stroll, Holiday Kitchens, entertainment, and more. The one major thing that won’t be occurring this year will be the Candlelight Processional.
Here’s what Guests can expect to experience during this year’s Festival:
- Santa Claus Promenade: See the man himself, Santa Claus as he takes a grand tour around World Showcase in his horse-drawn carriage from November 27 – December 24.
- Mickey and Friends World Tour: Around World Showcase, Mickey and his friends will be dressed in their holiday finest from November 27 – December 30.
- Frozen Promenade: Queen Anna and Elsa will discover the spirit of the holidays from November 27 – December 30.
There will be a number of entertainment offerings, including:
- JOYFUL! A Celebration of the Season: Found in World Showplace, Guests will be able to experience the joy of Christmas and Kwanzaa with the Gospel, R&B and holiday songs performed by this vocal ensemble. (This is a favorite among my family! This group is insanely talented!)
- Voices of Liberty – Voices of the Season: Enjoy festive a cappella holiday music of the Voices of Liberty dressed as Dickens Carolers at the America Gardens Theatre
- Las Posadas with Mariachi Cobre: At the America Gardens Theatre, colorful dancers join the band for Las Posadas, a celebration of Mexican holiday customs
- JAMMitors: The “clean-up crew” rocks the Mill Stage at the Canada Pavilion with playful percussion
Holiday kitchens will be located throughout World Showcase, including three kitchens inside World ShowPlace Pavilion. Guests will be able to enjoy dishes from booths like the American Holiday Table, the Bavaria Holiday Kitchen, and the Yukon Holiday Kitchen. The full list of menus have not been released. We’ll be sharing those with you soon!
Holiday Cookie Stroll
Find the five official Holiday Cookie Stroll locations. Purchase one of the special cookies and receive a stamp for your Festival Passport. Once you’ve collected 5 stamps, bring your Passport to the Sweets & Treats Holiday Kitchen to receive a complimentary Peppermint Minnie Cookie!
Official Cookie Stroll Locations:
- Bavaria Holiday Kitchen (Germany Pavilion) – Linzer Cookie
- American Holiday Table (America Pavilion) – Chocolate Crinkle Cookie
- L’Chaim Holiday Kitchen (between the Morocco and France Pavilions) – Black-and-White Cookie
- Yukon Holiday Kitchen (Canada Pavilion) – Peppermint Pinwheel Cookie
- Festival Favorites (World Showplace) – Gingerbread Cookie
Olaf’s Holiday Tradition Expedition
New for this year, will be a scavenger hunt themed around Olaf. (No Chip and Dale….boo!) Guests will search around World Showcase hunting for holiday traditions that Olaf has gathered for Anna and Elsa—and lost—along the way! To help him Guests can purchase a Scavenger Hunt map and stickers ($7.99) at participating locations, including Disney Traders, Mouse Gear, World Traveler, Port of Entry, Stroller Rental locations at the Main Entrance and at International Gateway, as well as the merchandise cart in the Canada Pavilion. Guests can search for Olaf in each pavilion, then match the tradition on his sleigh to the location on your sticker map. Once you have found all of the traditions, visit Disney Traders, Mouse Gear or World Traveler to redeem your map for a gift (while supplies last).
Additional Holiday Merriment
Stop and see the gingerbread city created by real Disney chefs in World Showplace! This patriotic display pays homage to some of the nation’s most iconic landmarks including the United States Capitol Building, the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial, and a 5-foot tall Washington Monument.
While the EPCOT Festival of the Holidays kicks off on November 27, the rest of the holiday events for the Walt Disney World Resort start on November 6. Learn more about those happenings here.