A few months ago, we let you know that there would be a number of changes coming to Epcot as the park underwent its massive transformation. These changes included a number of restaurants, shops, meet and greets, and more that would be closing and while a number of these locations have already closed, in January 2020, the remainder of these locations will be closing officially. Here’s what closing in the park and when:
- Mouse Gear: This shop will have its final day of operation on January 4. It will reopen in a temporary location in Innoventions East on January 5.
- Meet Mickey Mouse: Mickey will be moving to a new location in the queue area of Disney-Pixar Short Film Festival in the Imagination pavilion on January 5 .
- Meet Minnie Mouse: Minnie will be found meeting Guests in the World Showcase Gazebo.
- Meet Goofy: Goofy will meet Guests in the main entrance near Spaceship Earth
- Meet Daisy: Daisy will relocate from the World Showcase Gazebo to Future World East
Meet Joy from Inside Out: Joy will move to the Imagination Pavilion in the ImageWorks area. Sadness will no longer greet Guests.
- Meet Baymax: Baymax will no longer meet Guests.
- A new walkway will open in January 2020 connecting the west side of the main entryway to near The Seas with Nemo & Friends. Also another new walkway will connect the east side of the main entrance to Future World East, near Mission: SPACE.
- Starbucks: The new Traveler’s Cafe temporary Starbucks location has opened near the Refreshment Port
- The Art of Disney: This shop has reopened in the American Adventure Pavilion
Stay tuned as we’ll share more details about what Guests can expect with the new refurbishment work happening at Epcot.