Disney’s Hollywood Studios | Echo Lake
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular Description
Experience the action of Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) at this long-running stunt show.
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular Ride Information
Opening Day: August 25, 1989
Type of Ride: Stunt show
Age Recommendation: All ages
Duration of Ride: About 30 minutes
Typical Queue Time: None; performances start at scheduled times throughout the day
Single Rider Line: No
FastPass+: Yes, visit our FastPass+ Guide for more information on FastPass+.
Chicken Exit Available: Yes
Baby Swap Available: No
Type of Vehicle: Benches
Type of Restraint: None
Attraction Open During EMH: No. See our Extra Magic Hours page for more information.
Ride Photo Available For Purchase: No
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular Ride Restrictions
Height Requirements: None
Flash Photography or Video Allowed: Yes
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular Location
Shopping: A variety of Indiana Jones and adventure-based merchandise, including hats, drums, apparel, keychains, plush dolls, and action figure sets, can be purchased adjacent to the amphitheater at “Indiana Jones Adventure Outpost.”
Dining/Refreshment: A plethora of restaurants are situated near the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular! Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served buffet style at Hollywood & Vine; the former two meals feature characters, such as Princess Sofia the First and Doc McStuffins, from the Disney Channel’s “Disney Jr.” block, while dinner substitutes appearances from Minnie Mouse and other classic Disney characters. Meanwhile, home-style dishes, such as chicken pot pie, fried chicken, and meatloaf, and milkshakes are served for lunch and dinner at 50’s Prime Time Café; this restaurant is known for the servers “playacting” with diners, so inform him or her if you would rather dine regularly. Guests preferring a counter service meal can enjoy burgers, hot dogs, and chicken and waffles at Backlot Express; and hot dogs and sausage at Min & Bill’s Dockside Diner.
Restroom: Facilities convenient to Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular! are located near Backlot Express.
Smoking Location: Smoking is permitted in designated smoking areas only. Disney’s Hollywood Studios smoking areas can be found on our Walt Disney World Designated Smoking Areas page.
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular! Fun Facts
Did you know?
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular! shows guests how various action sequences from Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) were filmed. The stage is adorned with detailed sets and props, including fire, spikes, faux vines, the famed gigantic boulder, downtown Cairo, and an airplane. Also present is the catchy Raiders of the Lost Ark theme song.
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular! utilizes audience participation for some of the scenes. Participants, which are chosen at the beginning of the show, must be at least 18 years old. Participants are asked to tell the audience their name and hometown.
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular! was created in association with Lucasfilm, which had previously collaborated with Disney in developing the “Captain EO” 4-D show and the “Star Tours” motion simulator. Star Tours, which originally debuted at Disneyland in 1987 and at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, then the Disney-MGM Studios, in 1989, was refurbished with randomized ride sequences in 2011 as Star Tours – The Adventures Continue.
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular! was scheduled to open with the then Disney-MGM Studios on May 1, 1989, but the debut was officially delayed until August 25, 1989 after it was deemed that more rehearsals were needed. These rehearsals were open to guests.
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular! is the second-oldest attraction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Among the park’s opening day attractions, only The Great Movie Ride remains.
- To date, four Indiana Jones films have been theatrically released: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984), Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989), and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008). A fifth Indiana Jones feature, scheduled for a 2019 release, was announced in early 2016.
- In 2012, Disney acquired Lucasfilm, including the rights to Indiana Jones and Star Wars, expanding the potential for these properties in Disney’s parks. Major Star Wars expansions are currently being developed for Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disneyland Park.
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular! was the first Indiana Jones-based attraction to debut in a Disney park and, to date, the only such theater attraction. An Indiana Jones roller coaster, “Indiana Jones et le Temple du Péril,” which was also Disney’s first looping coaster, debuted at Disneyland Park Paris, then EuroDisneyland, in 1993; and immersive roaming simulators, “Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye” and “Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Crystal Skull,” premiered at Disneyland Park and Tokyo DisneySea in 1995 and 2001, respectively. The latter attractions use the same ride system as DINOSAUR at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular! is housed in a 2,150-person amphitheater. This amphitheater was the largest in the park from its 1989 opening until 1998, when the approximately 7,000-person Hollywood Hills Amphitheater debuted to house the Studios’ long-running nighttime spectacular, Fantasmic!
- From 2005 to 2016, Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular! was one of two stunt shows in the park, Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show being the other. This car show, which closed to create space for the park’s upcoming Star Wars and Pixar expansions, was housed in a 5,000-person amphitheater.
Top 5 Tips for Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular! runs at scheduled times throughout the day. Check upon arrival for specific show times.
- Because of the amphitheater’s large capacity, Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectaular! is not a good utilization of FastPass Plus.
- Guests wanting to participate as extras should arrive early and attract attention to themselves by screaming, waving their arms, and/or jumping up and down.
- Parents with young children should note that Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular! features loud noise and several scenes of intense action.
- Consider watching Raiders of the Lost Ark prior to your visit such as to better appreciate this attraction.