Disney's PhotoPass Guide
Disney's PhotoPass gives guests the opportunity to have great high-resolution photos taken by Disney Photographers using state-of-the-art digital equipment at picturesque locations. Even better, your photos can be accessed, shared, and ordered online. Our PhotoPass page includes information for both Walt Disney World and Disneyland resorts.
PhotoPass Quick Link Reference:
- Walt Disney World PhotoPass Website
- Disneyland & Aulani PhotoPass Website
- Walt Disney World PhotoCD Pre-Arrival Savings Offer - Save $50
- Walt Disney World PhotoPass+ Pre-Arrival Savings Offer - Save $51
- Disneyland PhotoPass+ Pre-Arrival Savings Offer - Save $30
- Photopass locations Pocket Guide
PhotoPass Quick Product Reference:
- Standard PhotoPass Card: Collect photos taken by Disney PhotoPass photographers in the parks and buy those you want when you arrive home, either as separate downloads or all together for a single price on a PhotoCD. The PhotoCD can be purchased in advance of your trip at a savings.
- PhotoPass+: Prepay for up to 14 days of unlimited photos ahead of time. Get all of your Photopass photos, attraction and dining photos on a PhotoCD, plus get a Gallery CD. Can be purchased in advance of your trip at a savings, either seperately OR as part of a Disney Vacation Package.
- Attractions+: Prepay for up to 14 days of unlimited digital downloads of your ride photos only. You can still use the standard PhotoPass card to collect Photopass photos. Must be purchased in the parks at regular price.
How PhotoPass Service Works
Locate a Disney Photographer. They are pretty easy to spot draped with various camera equipment and "usually" wearing a tan vest with two large front pockets (on Main Street look for blue and white pinstripe shirts). You'll find them throughout Walt Disney World Resort's four theme parks, water parks, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and other locations. PhotoPass photographers are also located at both Disneyland parks. The PhotoPass card is free and you are under no financial obligation to purchase the photos Disney PhotoPass photographers take. Even if you don't purchase any photos after your vacation, you can still share them online with friends and family for up to 30 days. It's a great way to get "everyone" in a few photos, even the family cameraperson, and create some wonderful family memories. So go ahead - give it a try!
The first time a photograph is taken, you'll be given a PhotoPass card with a unique 16-digit barcode. Disney Photopass photographs will scan this bar code each time they take a photo. Keep your Disney PhotoPass card safe and accessible at all times during your stay. Present your PhotoPass card to the Disney Photographer each time a photo is taken.
At some point in the very near future, an innovative piece of technology called the MagicBand, which is worn on the wrist, will serve as a guest’s room key, theme park ticket, access to FastPass+ selections, PhotoPass+ media and optional payment account all rolled into one. The MagicBand will be available only to select Walt Disney World hotel guests and guests who purchase other specific products such as a PhotoPass package. To learn more or get updates on this development, visit our MyMagic+ page.
MouseForLess PhotoPass Park Tips:
Write down your 16-digit number and keep it safe incase your PhotoPass card is lost. Using your cell phone to text or email your 16-digit number to yourself is another great way to keep track of it, or take a photo of it with your camera. If your PhotoPass is misplaced, just ask any Disney Photographer for a new card. Multiple cards can be combined later online. As long as you have the number, you can still access the photos on the missing card on Disney's PhotoPass site.
For convenience and easy access, store your PhotoPass card in a clear plastic sleeve attached to a lanyard around your neck. No need to remove the card from the sleeve each time you would like to use it; it can be scanned right through the plastic.
If you are traveling in a group, you can get the same photo added to more than one card and after your trip each member of the group can set up his or her own account.
Get as many photos taken as you want! There's no limit to the number of photos you can have.
If your party is likely to split-up, ask for a card for each family member; multiple cards can be combined online later into one account.
Ask for multiple poses. It's free and Disney photographers are glad to oblige. You can also ask the Disney PhotoPass photographer to take similar poses with your own camera.
Disney will often superimpose characters into one of your PhotoPass photos. These characters can vary by location. Ask what characters might be available at each location.
Did you know you can ask Disney's PhotoPass Photographers to take specific shots for you? If you want a "silly" photo, for example, just let them know - they may even have some suggestions for you!
Don't leave your own camera behind. While PhotoPass photographers are usually available on main walkways (especially where main park icons like the castle, Tree of Life, Mickey's Scorcerer Hat, etc are in view) and at character meet & greet areas, sometimes they are unavailable, especially on rainy days. Don't take chances and miss that "special moment."
Those who note a birthday on their vacation package reservation may receive a special Birthday PhotoPass card upon check-in at their Walt Disney World resort. Some guests have received PhotoPass cards that give 20% off on all prints ordered on Disney's PhotoPass site from photos uploaded to the Birthday card. You never know what magic will happen at Disney and it always pays to note any special occasions that you may be celebrating on your reservation.
60 Days (30 and 30) is the Magic Number
After your vacation, use the web address printed on your PhotoPass card and your 16-digit number to access and "claim" your pictures online at disneyphotopass.com (online registration required). You must enter your PhotoPass card number within 30 days of the date the photos were taken. Once you have logged into your PhotoPass account, the time-clock is reset and you will have an additional 30 days to add borders, character signatures (available for Disney's PhotoPass photos only), and other enhancements to your pictures. Share them with family and friends online. You can even purchase high-quality 5 x 7, 8 x 10 or wallet-sized prints; photo greeting cards; Photobooks; and other photo products for an additional cost. The important thing to remember is that the maximum amount of time you have from the day the first photo on your card is taken until your photos are deleted is 60 days, divided into two distinct 30 day periods with expiration dates. Leftover days from the first period do not rollover to the second period. For example, if you log into the PhotoPass site to claim your photos 20 days after your first photo was taken at Walt Disney World, you would still have just 30 days to make your photo purchases. Or, if you attempt to register a PhotoPass card 40 days after the first photo was taken your time to do so would have expired.
To view the expiration date of a photo in your album, click to enlarge the photo. Beneath the enlarged photo, the expiration date will appear. You will receive a notification email prior to the removal of the images. Please ensure that your email address is valid and that if you use a Spam filter, you check your Spam folder for this message. You can also add DisneyPhotoPass@ecommserv.com to your accepted email senders list to help ensure that this important email reaches you. Disney reserves the right to not upload photos which are deemed to be of poor quality and/or contain content that might be deemed to be offensive. No complimentary extension will be granted on the 30 days you have to view, share, and purchase photos.
MouseForLess Photo Accessing Tips:
Disney offers an extension on your PhotoPass time for a price. A photo storage extension can be purchased for $19.95 for 15 days. If you need more time to decided which photos to purchase, watch the PhotoPass "Special Offer" area as sometimes discounts on storage extension are offered.
If you have a lot of Disney's Photopass photos, purchasing a PhotoCD online grants copyright permission to all of your photos. Print them yourself or send them to your local photo processing store (Walmart, Sam's Club, Walgreens, etc.) and save money. The copyright agreement is stored on the CD itself. You must present this agreement to your photo retailer when you create prints of your Disney's PhotoPass photos.
Once you access your photos (within 30 days), you have an additional 30 days to view and share them, as well as order prints of your photos and create Disney keepsake products before they are deleted. Be aware that photos are deleted at midnight on the day of expiration. This means the day before your expiration date is the last full day to access your photos.
The PhotoPass site has ecards you can make and send, personalized from photos in your account and music. Plus, you can share your PhotoPass photos three ways: via email, post to a blog or even publish directly to your Facebook newsfeed. Friends and family are only able to view your vacation photo albums and order prints. They are not able to make edits to your photos. Click here to learn more about sharing photos from your account.
If you have Internet access (all Walt Disney World resorts and parks provide free WiFi access to guests) and would like to share your photos with family and friends while on vacation, you can do so by registering your PhotoPass card(s) right away. This can be an easy and simple way to involve everyone in your vacation via PhotoPass' free photo sharing options, email, ecards or Facebook. Just remember, once you log-in after the first photo has been taken, you will only have 30 days from that point to make enhancements and purchases.
If you have more than one Disney's PhotoPass ID when you register, simply click the "Add another ID" under your account information to combine cards onto a single account.
Disney's PhotoPass web site keeps track of all of the PhotoPass numbers (cards) that you enter indefinitely. You can re-use a PhotoPass card from a previous vacation, but be sure you can still access the card before leaving home. You can find your card numbers under your account information. And, remember that you have 30 days to log-in once you start adding new photos to claim them.
If you lose your PhotoPass card and don't have the number for the card, Disney may still be able to help you find your photos. Just fill out a Lost PhotoPass Form online with as much info as you can remember. Disney can only find photos taken within the last 30 days. If you discover you've lost your card in the park, you can also stop by one of the photo centers for assistance.
When you have your Disney’s PhotoPass photo taken at select Character Meet and Greet locations in the Walt Disney World theme parks, Disney will magically add a selection of incredible stock photos of your favorite Characters from your encounter. These stock photos are all available for you to view, share, or use in any of PhotoPass online photo products. You can use them to spice up your Disney’s Photo Book, Calendars, Greeting Cards and best of all, when you purchase Disney’s PhotoCD they are also included as high-resolution files on the disc for your personal use at home, for printing or your computer’s desktop wallpaper!
PhotoPass Locations at Disneyland Resort
Click here to view or download a PhotoPass location maps for Disneyland Resort or use the menu on the same page to select a location for PhotoPass tips. Note: Disney California Adventure map has not yet been updated to include Cars Land, Buena Vista Street and other recent changes to the park. Some of the tips for both parks are terribly outdated.
Disney Photopass photoghrapers are also available at the following Disneyland dining locations: PCH Grill, Goofy's Kitchen, Ariel's Disney Princess Celebration.
Disneyland guests now have the option to add souvenir photos to their PhotoPass cards for the following Disneyland Resort attractions: Splash Mountain and Space Mountain at Disneyland park and California Screamin'and Tower of Terror at Disney California Adventure park. Guests may either purchase the the digital download for $14.99 or purchase the on-site 5" x 7" photo for $14.99 and get a digital download for free. Photos may be loaded onto your existing PhotoPass card or onto a separate ride PhotoPass, but each of these cards will have different expiration periods. While the standard PhotoPass card has 30 days to access photos, and another 30 days to purchase, the separate ride PhotoPass card will have 30 days to access photos but only 10 days to download before the photo is deleted.
Suggested PhotoPass Locations at Walt Disney World Resort
Magic Kingdom Park ( view your photos at Box Office Gifts located in Town Square Theater)
- Town Square - Disney characters often stop by here in the morning or you can stop by Town Square Theater for photos with Mickey and the Disney Princesses.
- Main Street, U.S.A. – be sure to get a least one photo in front of the castle all lit up at night. *Special pose with Tinker Bell flying from your hands or Stitch sitting next to you.
- Castle Hub Area Locations - *Special effects pose with Tinker Bell. Have your photo taken in front of the the Mickey and Walt Partners Statue
- Fairytale Gardens - photo opts with Merida from "Brave"
- Fantasyland - Alice and Wonderland characters are often available for photo ops near the Tea Cups
- Enchanted Forest - Have your photo taken with Belle at 'Enchanted Tales with Belle' or Ariel at 'Ariel's Grotto'.
- Adventureland – photo opts with Aladdin, Jasmine and the Genie, Captain Hook, Mr. Smee, sometimes Peter Pan and Wendy. Photographers are also on hand at Tinker Bell's Magical Nook
- Liberty Square Glade - Get a photo with princess Tiana
- Frontierland - characters from the Country Bears and Toy Story are sometimes available
- Tomorrowland – pose with Stitch or Buzz Lightyear
EPCOT ( view your photos at the Camera Center)
- Main Entrance / Spaceship Earth - *Special effects pose with Tinker Bell.
- Character Connection in Innoventions West – photo opts with Mickey and the gang. *Special effects pose with Minnie, Mickey & Goofy in a Soarin' hang-glider (near fountain)
- World Showcase Locations – Many of the Disney Princesses and their friends are located throughout. Winnie the Pooh & Friends in the United Kingdom Pavilion and Donald likes to join the fiesta in Mexico! PhotoPass photographers are positioned in most countries and scenic locations.
- World Showplace Plaza - Duffy the Bear has his own meet and greet area
- Test Track – if you ride, there are kiosks set up in the post show area to further preview or purchase your photo.
Disney's Hollywood Studios (view your photos at Cover Story or The Dark Room)
- Hollywood Boulevard – pose with Mickey's Sorcerer Hat in the background. *Special effects pose with Stitch erupting through pavement.
- Sunset Boulevard Attractions – photos with Tower of Terror or Rock ‘n Roller Coaster in the background. *Special effects pose with "Chip" near Beauty and the Beast Show.
- Sorcerer Mickey's Hat – photo opts with characters from Disney Movies
- Little Mermaid show – *Special effects pose with "Sebastian" sitting in your hand.
- Al's Toy Barn – pose with Toy Story characters
- Star Tours Jedi Academy – pose with Darth Vader or get photos of your child participating in one of the training sessions
- Avenue of the Americas – meet and pose with the Lightning McQueen from the movie "Cars" or Phineas and Ferb.
- Guests who make it to the American Idol Experience stage to perform will be covered by Disney's PhotoPass Photographers.
Disney's Animal Kingdom ( view your photos at Garden Gate Gifts)
- Main Entrance - *Special effects pose with baby Simba in your arms.
- Tree of Life Locations – This attraction makes a great backdrop; *Special effects pose with Tinker Bell sitting in your palm. Photographers are position to capture unique angles at both the Oasis, Tree of Life Gardens & Africa.
- Character Boat Landing (near entrance to Dinoland) - meet Winnie the Pooh and friends
- Expedition Everest Locations – This attraction makes a great backdrop
- Camp Minnie-Mickey – pose with Mickey in safari wear or Baloo and King Louie.
- Dinoland - pose with Goofy
- Discovery Island Landing - Pose with the characters from "Up".
- Disney PhotoPass photograhers are available at Disney's Typhoon Lagoon and Disney's Blizzard Beach water parks on a seasonal basis, and may not be available during the late fall/winter/early spring months. Look for cool miniature PhotoPass cards that you can wear on your wrist.
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique - get photographs before and after the magical transformation. *Special effects pose with Tinker Bell.
- Select Dining Locations – If you dine at any of the following locations AND purchase the photos offered tableside, those photos can be added to your Disney's PhotoPass account.
- 1900 Park Fare at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort
- Cinderella's Royal Table at Magic Kingdom Park (photos included with meal price)
- Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus; Norway in Epcot (photos included with meal price)
- Tusker House at Disney's Animal Kingdom Park (Donald's Safari Breakfast and Lunch only)
- Chef Mickey's at Disney's Contemporary Resort
- Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show at Disney's Polynesian Resort
- ‘Ohana at Disney's Polynesian Resort (Breakfast only)
- Mickey's Backyard Barbecue and the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue Dinner show at Fort Wilderness Resort
- At Disneyland Resort: Disney's PCH Grill at Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel, Goofy's Kitchen at Disneyland Hotel. Ariel's Disney Princess Celebration at Disney's California Adventure Park
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party Locations
- Main Street U.S.A. - Mickey & Minnie and the Princesses at Town Square Theater
- Hub in front of Cinderella's Castle - pose with Disney villians: Frollo, Queen of Hearts, Captain Hook, Cruella, Dr. Facillier, Evil Queen & Maleficent
- Haunted Mansion - *Special effects pose with hitchhiking ghost is sometimes available
- Hearse outside the Haunted Mansion. *Special effects pose with hearse ghost driver is sometimes available
- Adventureland - Tinker Bell and Tarzan & Jane
- Frontierland - pose with Woody, Jessie, Bullseye; the 7 Dwarfs are usually near Splash Mountain
- Check our MNSSHP page beginning mid September for specific character locations
- Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Locations
- Main Street U.S.A. - Mickey & Minnie and the Princesses at Town Square Theater
- Hub in front of Cinderella's Castle
- Fantasyland - pose with Cinderella, Prince Charming, Step Sisters (Anastasia & Drizella) & Lady Tremaine
- Adventureland - pose with Tinker Bell
- Frontierland - pose with the 7 Dwarfs near Splash Mountain
- Tomorrowland - Goofy, Pluto, Chip, Dale are usually at Cosmic Ray's
- Check our MVMCP page beginning sometime in late November for specific character locations
- Other Holiday Locations
- Deluxe resort lobbies next to the Christmas trees.
- Christmas trees located outside of the park entrances of Animal Kingdom & Disney's Hollywood Studios and inside the park at Magic Kingdom and Epcot.
- Tour Guide Gardens in the Magic Kingdom Santa Meet & Greet
- The American Adventure in Epcot Santa Meet & Greet
- Character Meet & Greets at Camp Mickey Minnie during the holidays at Animal Kingdom park
- Goofy’s Winter Wonderland Santa Meet at Osborne Lights at Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Downtown Disney Marketplace Santa Meet & Greet at Christmas Chalet
- Tour Guide Gardens in the Magic Kingdom Easter Bunny Meet & Greet
Click here to view PhotoPass location maps for Walt Disney World Use the park menu to change the map view (bottom of page). In addition, PhotoPass locations are marked on all theme park maps. Just look for the PhotoPass icon.
MouseForLess Photo Locations Tips:
At Walt Disney World, Disney Visa offers cardholders a free private meet & greet daily between 1:30 and 7:00 pm at EPCOT's Innoventions West. In addition, cardholders are entitled to a free 5 x 7 print taken by a Disney PhotoPass photographer. Those with Disney Visas in hand can get one free print each day they visit. At Disneyland Resort, the Visa meet & greet locations can be found at near Monsters, Inc n the Hollywood Pictures Backlot area of Disney's California Adventure. The meet & greet operates for the first hour and a half that the park is opened.
During holiday parties in the Magic Kingdom, such as Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, make sure to get a PhotoPass card if you don't have one with you. You can add your party PhotoPass card to your other PhotoPass cards and make a PhotoPass CD (if you've purchased one) when you get home.
Don't overlook using Disney PhotoPass photographer's at Disney water parks. Photographers are position in some unique locations to get shots you would not normally get, like at the bottom of select water slides or in the wave pools.
The small-sized PhotoPass card you get at Disney's water parks come attached to a stretch bracelet you can slip round your wrist. These cards are so cool and handy, you may want to consider using it as your main once you get one. They work in the theme parks as well!
Both the Space Mountain ride in the Magic Kingdom and Tower of Terror at Disney's Hollywood Studios, have several photo purchase options that involve loading ride photo directly on your PhotoPass card (unlike with Test Track which does not require a purchase). You can then get photo downloads online at DisneyPhotopass.com either by themselves or as a package including printed photos immediately available on site. A single photo download from DisneyPhotopass.com costs $14.95 plus tax, with additional photo downloads purchased at the same time costing $9.95 each. If you would like an immediate print, you can get your first download with a 5x7 photo for $16.95, plus tax, or an 8x10 photo for $18.95, plus tax.
At all four Walt Disney World theme parks, a special effects pose placing a bunch of Mickey balloons in your hand are available at various locations. Ask your PhotoPass photographer if he can add this effect to your photo. In most cases, if the the PhotoPass photographer's camera is not mounted on a tripod, there will be a special effects photo available at the location.
The time of day can make for completely different photos. Trying capturing some gorgeous nighttime versions of the photos you took earlier in the day.
For some fun or unique photo opportunities that don't involve a PhotoPass photographer, try these ideas: 1) locate the lightpost with an umbrella attached at Disney's Hollywood Studios. It's near the entrance to Lights, Motors, Action! on the Streets of America. Push a button on the umbrella and it "rains” overhead. 2) Families with children can locate the Cigar Shop Indian on Main Street USA in the Magic Kingdom. Have the kids take an annual photo next to him. The Indian makes a unique pictorial measuring stick to see your children's growth! 3) Would you love to have some photos of Main Street USA and Cinderella's Castle without all of the people? You can by making early reservations for Crystal Palace. You can make them up to an hour before the park opens and enter an empty Magic Kingdom in the morning!
At both Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resort, character meal photo packages you have purchased can be added to your PhotoPass card if you ask.
If you would like to review the photos on your PhotoPass card while outside of the Walt Disney World theme parks, you can view them at the following locations: Team Mickey at Downtown Disney, M. Mouse Mercantile at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Trader Jack's at Disney's Polynesian Resort, Zawadi at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge or Beach Club Marketplace at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resort. If you find photos missing they may be able to help you. In the parks, check at the viewing stations listed for each park locations above. Just remember, you only have 30 days once you access your photos to make purchases.
Disney also has a solution for your personal photo storage problems. Select camera/photo centers at Disney resorts are equipped with digital technology allowing guests to download their pictures from a digital media card onto an archive CD. For more info on Disney camera services see our camera services section.
Uploading your personal photos to DisneyPhotoPass.com during your park visits is easy with Disney's Express Upload Service. Photos will be associated to your Disney's PhotoPass I.D. number so you can easily claim them online and use them in photo products. This service is vailable with the purchase of an Archive CD at the Main Street Bank in Disneyland park and inside Box Office Gifts located in Town Square Theater at Magic Kingdom park (other photo center locations may be available). To view your photos, you may do so by entering the number from the back of your Disney's PhotoPass card when you register on the Disney's PhotoPass "Home" page. Your photos will appear within the "My Uploaded Photos" album category. Note: This service does not provide long-term storage or photo archiving and you will have the usual 30 days to embellish them and use them to create Disney photo products.
When taking your own photos at the theme parks, look for the Picture Spot signs that mark great backdrops for your photos. Look for the camera icon on your guide map to locate them.
Disney has released the new Disney Memories HD App for Apple and other mobile devices. The free app allows users to add a Disney touch to their personal photos, whether it’s through posing (virtually) with a Disney character, or choosing from a selection of more than 100 “decoration items” to add to their photos, including photo stickers, Disney Parks and attraction-themed filters, frames and more. You can also use the app to view a “Photo of the Day,” as well as set character audio and video alarms.
How Much Does it Cost?
- 5x7 PhotoPass Print: single $14.95
- 4x6 PhotoPass Print: two $14.95
- 8x10 PhotoPass Print: single $16.95
- 16x20 PhotoPass Print: single $24.95
- 4" x 6" Print from "My Uploaded Photos": $0.19 each (photos you take with your own camera
- Digital Photo Downloads: $14.95 each; Get the high resolution digital file for your selected Disney's PhotoPass photo(s) including any edits.
- Set of 20 Photo Stickers: $9.95
- 20 Photo Occasion Cards: $29.95; each additional set $19.95.
- 10 Folded Photo Occasion Cards: $24.95; each additional set $19.95
- Disney's PhotoBook: $79.95 and up for 20 pages, additional pages up to 60 can be added for a fee (photos from your PhotoPass account can be used as well as those uploaded from your camera and Disney stock photos).
- Photo Storage Extension: $19.95 for 15 days.
- Disney's Personal Photo Archive CD: $19.95; All of the photos you've uploaded to DisneyPhotopass.com. You must present the accompanying copyright agreement to your photo retailer when you create prints of your "Disney Customized" personal photos.
- Disney's PhotoGallery CD: $39.95; with hundreds of breathtaking photos to enjoy from Disneyland or WDW theme parks and resorts, these CDs are perfect for scrapbooking and computer wallpaper.
- Photo Mugs, Mouse Pads, Ornaments, Photo Puzzles, Address Labels & more: for the most up-to-date prices, visit disneyphotopass.com.
- See our PhotoCD and PhotoPass+ sections for information and pricing on these products
MouseForLess Photo Purchase Tips:
Disney often offers special promotions on individual items. Just click the "Special Offer" tab on any online Disney PhotoPass page to see what is currently being offered. PhotoPrints are usually discounted 20-25%.
DisneyPhotoPass.com accepts Visa, MasterCard, and American Express credit cards for payment. You can also make purchases with the Disney Gift Card and the Disney Rewards Card.
You can upload photos from your own camera to use in Disney PhotoPass products or to order prints. You can even add borders and captions to them; Disney Character signatures are available for Disney's PhotoPass photos only. JPEG (no larger than 2MB in size) is the only file type supported at DisneyPhotoPass.com. Note that uploaded photos follow the same "storage" policy as Disney's PhotoPass photos. You'll have 30 days from when you upload them to use them.
For those taking a Disney cruise, PhotoPass offers a Disney Cruise Line photo book cover and set of 20 ship-themed pages. To create the book, you must upload your own photos or photos purchased on the ship.
A $169.95 (plus tax) non-discounted Disney PhotoCD can be ordered after your Disney vacation as long as you log into the Disney PhotoPass web site and create an account with the special registration code located on your park PhotoPass card. Be sure to click the "Special Offers" tab first, as sometimes deals are offered on the PhotoCD that require you to use the supplied promotion code.
When you purchase a PhotoCD you will receive all the Disney PhotoPass images in your account on an archive quality CD, including any dining photos that you purchased and had added to your PhotoPass card. Note that Cinderella's Royal Table at Magic Kingdom Park and Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus at Epcot include the price of your photos in the meal so those photos can be added to your PhotoPass card without additional purchase. You'll also receive a copyright release that allows you to reprint and use your images in the sizes and formats that you wish. There is no limit to the number of photos you can have on a PhotoCD. The price is the same regardless of the number of photos in your account. Note that Disney's Gallery photos and any uploaded photos from your own camera will not be included on your PhotoCD.
You can purchase prints of your Disney PhotoPass photos on a PhotoCD for $169.95 in the parks anywhere photos may be view (Box Office Gifts located in Town Square Theater in Magic Kingdom, the Camera Center at Epcot, Cover Story at Disney's Hollywood Studios and Garden Gate Gifts at Animal Kingdom or at Team Mickey at Downtown Disney Marketplace, M. Mouse Mercantile at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa (2nd floor), Trader Jack's at Disney's Polynesian Resort, Zawadi at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge and Beach Club Marketplace at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resort). If your PhotoCD is purchased in the parks you will not have the opportunity to add borders and enhancements to individual photos.
For Disneyland, PhotoCDs can be purchased for $69.95, plus tax, but these do not offer online photo enhancement. PhotoCDs are available online at DisneyPhotoPass.com, or at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure theme parks at the PhotoPass Centers.
PhotoCD Pre-Arrival Purchase
You can save $50 by purchasing a Walt Disney World Disney PhotoCD before leaving for your vacation. The cost is just $119.95 plus tax using this special link. The pre-arrival offer is not available for the Disneyland PhotoCD.
The pre-arrival Disney’s PhotoCD can be purchased up until midnight the day before your arrival. Disney’s pre-arrival PhotoCD will only include Disney's PhotoPass photos taken after your PhotoCD is purchased. Disney’s PhotoPass photos within your Disney's PhotoPass account prior to purchasing will not be included. Once you have purchased a pre-arrival savings offer, you will receive a confirmation email and credit(s) in your shopping cart on DisneyPhotoPass.com for the PhotoCD you pre-ordered. After your vacation, enhance your photos. When you are ready to purchase, add the PhotoCD you pre-ordered to your shopping cart and place your order. Applicable shipping & handling charges and taxes will be charged to all orders. The applicable credit will be deducted from your cart and applied to your order. If for any reason you decide that you do not wish to fulfill your pre-arrival PhotoCD order, just let Disney know within 90 days from the date of Pre-purchase and they will remove the credit from your cart and grant you a full refund. Please note however, once a credit has been "applied" to an order, a refund will not be granted. While the pre-ordered credit has no expiration date, your photos will expire based on the DisneyPhotoPass.com storage policy. Be sure to apply your credit before your photos expire. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your Disney PhotoPass product you will need to contact Disney within 14 days from the date you received your product for a refund.
MouseForLess PhotoCD Tips:
The PhotoCD & Photo Book offer (Ultimate Memory package) is no longer available for Pre Purchase, however every week DisneyPhotoPass.com offers discounts and promotions that sometimes include the Photo CD and/or the Photo Book.
Share a PhotoCD by creating a PhotoPass account for an extended family or group of friends traveling together and purchasing the PhotoCD. Payment will need to be made by a single person, but everyone can contribute to the cost. Everyone in the group can access and edit their photos after the trip. The CD can then be ordered by a single person and individual photos distributed. Note: Once a Disney's PhotoPass Card ID is claimed into an account, it cannot be claimed again in a different account.
Review all of the images in your account and make any edits to your photos prior to purchasing your PhotoCD to ensure your photos include the borders and signatures you desire. The PhotoCD includes all Disney's PhotoPass photos in your account at the time of purchase.
Capture more memories than ever with Disney PhotoPass+! PhotoPass+ is sold at PhotoPass Sales Centers located throughout the Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort. With PhotoPass+ you will have digital files of all your PhotoPass photos, Attraction photos, and Dining photos taken within a 14 day visit to the Walt Disney World Resort or Disneyland Resort, as well as Print Packages at select Dining locations - All for one price! Once you arrive home from your vacation, you can view your photos and order a PhotoCD with all the high resolution photos plus a limited license agreement, which allows you to print photos at any local photo processing center.
Only photos taken within the 14 day window will be included in your PhotoPass+ package and available for you to add to your PhotoCD. The 14 day window begins either A)if you purchase on site the day of your purchase or B) if you purchase the Pre-Arrival offer the day you exchange your voucher for your PhotoPass+ card and lanyard onsite.
Disney PhotoPass+ Includes:
- PhotoPass+ Card and Lanyard
- A gallery CD with over 300 (DL)/400(WDW) stock photos (a $39.95 value)
- A unique code to create and order a PhotoCD with all your photos online at DisneyPhotoPass.com (a $169.95 value at WDW; $69.95 value at DL)
- Print Packages at select Dining locations ($29.95 each if purchased separately at WDW; $32.95 each if purchased separately at Disneyland)
- Digital Downloads of select Attractions ($14.95 each if purchased separately)
When you are ready to order your Disney's PhotoCD, add a Disney's PhotoCD to your shopping cart, and use the Promotion Code that was provided to you. Standard domestic shipping and handling charges for delivery of your Disney's PhotoCD are included with the PhotoPass+ pacage. Additional shipping and handling charges will apply for international or express shipping. The PhotoCD promotion code can only be used once and does not apply to previously placed orders. While the Promotion Code has no expiration date, please remember that your photos will expire based on the DisneyPhotoPass.com storage policy. Be sure to place your order before your photos expire. You will still have the 30 day period to make your edits, add borders, etc.
PhotoPass+ Pre-Arrival Purchase
Both the Walt Disney World PhotoPass+ and the Disneyland PhotoPass+ can be purchased online at DisneyPhotoPass.com before your trip at a pre-arrival savings. To take advantage of the pre-arrival purchase offer you must order at least 14 days prior to your vacation.
Your Disney PhotoPass+ Pre-Arrival Package is sold as All Sales Final and is not eligible for an exchange or refund. Your Disney Photopass+ Pre-arrival Package will arrive within 14 days from placing your order. You MUST bring your Voucher (included in your Disney PhotoPass+ Pre-arrival Package) with you to the Walt Disney World Resort or the Disneyland Resort in order to redeem it for your PhotoPass+ Card. The voucher is valid prior to the date indicated on the card. Disney PhotoPass+ Pre-Arrival Packages must be redeemed at the Disney Resort for which it was Purchased and are not interchangeable between Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort, nor can you use one package at both resorts.
MouseForLess General PhotoPass+ Tips:
You will not have to pay for a print photo package at the participating Dining locations. PhotoPass+ includes Print Packages at the listed Dining locations, for no additional charge, plus, each photo in the package will have a code for you to add the digital image to your PhotoPass account online. With PhotoPass+ a digital copy of your image will be scanned to your card for no extra charge at select attractions - prints are only included at the listed Dining locations. Considering ride images are about $15 for a print, this is actually a pretty good deal compared to the cost for the standard PhotoCD.
You can collect as many Attraction photos as you like. If you ride Space Mountain 10 times then you will show your Disney PhotoPass+ card at the Attraction's photo center and they will scan the image each time you ride - you would then have a total of 10 Space Mountain images!
You can use your Disney Visa Rewards to purchase Disney PhotoPass+
Only one PhotoPass+ card will be provided with each purchase. However, multiple PhotoPass cards can be accumulated during your visit, and all of those photos can be added to your account. In order to receive your Attraction and Dining photos, the PhotoPass+ card holder must be present at the time of photo capture.
Any attraction or dining photo purchase made within 24 hours can be applied towards the purchase of Disney PhotoPass+ with a valid receipt. This is great if you have a character meal planned soon after arriving and can't redeem your PhotoPass+ voucher until later. You will not be able to apply purchases made more than one day prior and receipts are required.
If your family splits up and goes on different Attractions you may save your Ride Stub with the photo # and later on stop by the Attraction to claim the photo with your Disney PhotoPass+ card. Keep in mind that photos are available in Disney's system for only 48 hours after capture; make sure you visit the Attraction to claim your photo within that time period.
Take a picture of your PhotoPass+ number with your phone. If you lose your card, Disney will still able to scan the number right off your phone! If your party has multiple phones, keep a scan of the card on each phone as PhotoPass readers can read these scans. If your party splits up, each person with a phone will have and can use the PhotoPass+ card individually. It's like having more than one card to use for your entire party!
If after arriving home you realize that you forgot to have an attraction photo added to your PhotoPass+ card and you can remember the date, approximate time and what you were wearing during the ride, you may be able to contact Disney PhotoPass (see contact info below) and see if it's possible to locate the photo. There are no guarantees, but by providing as many details as you can remember, it may be done.
Walt Disney World PhotoPass+
PhotoPass+ is sold at PhotoPass Sales Centers located inside the Walt Disney World theme parks and PhotoPass view stations located throughout the Walt Disney World Resort. The PhotoPass+ package is valid for vacations up to 14-days in length and features an unlimited capacity of images.
The cost of the Walt Disney World PhotoPass+ is $199.95 if purchased in the parks and $149 if purchased pre-arrival, plus applicable tax.
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Rock 'n Roller Coaster
- Expedition Everest
- Test Track
- Photos captured during Storytime with Belle and Jedi Training Academy
- When you visit Pirate's League at the Walt Disney World Resort you will receive your photo Print Package for no additional charge when you present your Disney PhotoPass+ card.
- Photos captured during a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique transformation will be scanned to your Disney PhotoPass+ card for no additional charge. Please note that you will not receive prints but your Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique images will be included in your Disney PhotoCD.
Participating Character Dining Locations:
- 1900 Park Fare (Breakfast & Dinner)
- Ohana (Breakfast)
- Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show
- Chef Mickey's (Breakfast & Dinner)
- Cinderella's Royal Table (B,L,D)*
- Tusker House Restaurant (Breakfast & Lunch)
- Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue
- Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (B,L,D)*
* Indicates these dining locations already include photo package as part of their inclusive price
PhotoPass Sales Centers and View Stations
Where PhotoPass+ Vouchers can be Redeemed:
- Box Office Gifts located in Town Square Theater at the Magic Kingdom
- The Camera Center at located in Future World at Epcot
- Cover Story at Disney's Hollywood Studios on Hollywood Boulevard
- Garden Gate Gifts at Animal Kingdom
- Disney PhotoPass Studio at Downtown Disney
- M. Mouse Mercantile at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa*
- Trader Jack's at Disney's Polynesian Resort*
- Zawadi at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge*
- Beach Club Marketplace at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club ResortI
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon Water Parks (May – September only)
- Any of the Disney PhotoPass+ participating dining and attraction locations
* Keep in mind that PhotoPass View Stations locations are open for limited hours. As of 5/2013, Resort Service Desks are open from 8am - 12pm and 5pm - 9pm. Disney’s Beach Club Resort’s PhotoPass Service desk is only open 5pm - 9pm. Call the resort ahead of time to find out the hours of operation for the day you are planning on stopping by.
MouseForLess Walt Disney World Tips:
The Walt Disney World PhotoPass+ is available for pre-arrival purchase at a $51 savings. Use this special link to purchase Walt Disney World PhotoPass+ at Pre-Arrival Savings of just $149 (plus tax). To take advantage of the pre-arrival purchase offer you must order at least 14 days prior to your vacation. Once your PhotoPass+ arrives, be sure to bring your voucher to Walt Disney World with you. It can be exchanged for a PhotoPass+ card at any Disney's PhotoPass Sales Centers in Disney's 4 theme parks and at Downtown Disney.
For comparison purposes, on-ride photos at the 8 available attractions would cost $14.95 each ($119.60 total), photo packages at the 6 available dining locations would cost $30 each ($180 total), the included PhotoCD would cost $169.95 if purchased separately. This would bring the grand total of everything you get in the PhotoPass+ package to about $469.55 if components were all purchased individually, and this does not even take into account the $39.95 value of Disney's Gallery CD.
Guests may also redeem their voucher for the PhotoPass+ package at Dining locations thus removing the scenario of a Guest checking in at night and having a morning character dining reservation and no PhotoPass+ card. Guests should be able to exchange their voucher at their Character breakfast location as long as it is a participating PhotoPass+ location and a Disney PhotoPass photographer is present.
Those who have booked a vacation package through Walt Disney World travel or a travel agency booking through Walt Disney World travel can include Disney PhotoPass+ in their vacation package at the pre-arrival savings price (plus tax) up to four days prior to arrival. When Disney PhotoPass+ is included with a Walt Disney Travel Company package guests will receive a voucher at check-in to be exchanged at Disney's PhotoPass Sales Centers for their Disney PhotoPass+ card and lanyard, as well as the gallery CD containing 400 high-resolution stock photos from around Walt Disney World Resort.
If you have pre-purchased Walt Disney World PhotoCD online before your trip you may upgrade your PhotoCD to PhotoPass+ at PhotoPass view stations throughout the Walt Disney World Parks, Downtown Disney, and select Resorts. You will need the name, phone number, and email address that was used to purchase the PhotoCD. You would need to upgrade at the beginning of your trip if you want all your Attraction and Dining images added to your PhotoPass+ card. You would pay the difference between what you paid for the PhotoCD and the price of PhotoPass+.
If you have pre-purchased a PhotoCD online before your trip you may upgrade your PhotoCD to the Disney PhotoPass+ Pre Arrival offer by contacting Disney's PhotoPass Guest Support team at 407-560-4300 or visiting the "Contact Us" section of the PhotoPass web site. You will need the name, phone number, and email address that was used to purchase the PhotoCD.
Photos are included with the price of the meal at both Cinderella's Royal Table and Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, but can still be scanned to your PhotoPass+ card to be included with your PhotoCD of images. There are also numbers on the photos that can be entered to your PhotoPass+ account in order to include the images. You will need to have the physical card present at any attractions or dining experiences that do not include photo packages in the price of the meal if you wish to have them included as digital images.
Disney PhotoPass+ is available at the PhotoPass Sales Centers located inside Disneyland Resort theme parks, as well as at participating Disney PhotoPass+ Dining locations. The PhotoPass+ package is valid for vacations up to 14-days in length and features an unlimited capacity of images.
The cost of the Disneyland PhotoPass+ is $99.95 if purchased in the parks and and $69.95 if purchased pre-arrival, plus applicable tax.
Disneyland Participating Attractions:
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- California Screamin'
- Radiator Springs Racers
Disneyland Participating Character Dining Locations:
- PCH Grill
- Goofy's Kitchen
- Ariel's Grotto
- Plaza Inn
At the Disneyland Resort you may also purchase Disney PhotoPass+ at any of the following participating Disney PhotoPass+ Dining locations:
- Ariel's Grotto
- Disney's PCH Grill
- Plaza Inn
- Goofy's Kitchen
Keep in mind that these Dining locations are open for limited hours, Call the location ahead of time to find out the hours of operation for the day you are planning on stopping by.
PhotoPass Sales Centers and View Stations
Where PhotoPass+ Vouchers can be Redeemed:
- Main Street Photo Supply in Disneyland park
- Kingswell Camera Shop in Disney california Adventure park
MouseForLess Disneyland PhotoPass+ Tips:
The Disneyland PhotoPass+ is available for pre-arrival purchase at a $30 savings. Use this special link to purchase Walt Disney World PhotoPass+ at Pre-Arrival Savings of just $69.95 (plus tax). To take advantage of the pre-arrival purchase offer you must order at least 14 days prior to your vacation.
For comparison purposes, on-ride photos at the 5 available attractions would cost $14.95 each ($74.95 total), photo packages at the 4 available dining locations would cost $30 each ($120 total), the included PhotoCD would cost $69.95 if purchased separately. This would bring the grand total of everything you get in the PhotoPass+ package to about $265 if components were all purchased individually, and this does not even take into account the $39.95 value of Disney's Gallery CD.
Regular PhotoPass photos taken in the parks may be added to your PhotoPass+ card by visiting one of the Disneyland Resort Photo Centers before the end of your trip.
NEW! Disney Attractions+ Card
Disney's Attraction+ allows Walt Disney World or Disneyland guests to purchase up to 14 days of unlimited downloadable on-ride photos for $44.95. Photos will be available through Disney’s PhotoPass web site. The Attractions+ product does not include prints. Those that wish to have hard copies of their photos must print them from the downloads.
The following attractions are included in Disney Attractions+
Walt Disney World Resort
- Magic Kingdom: Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
- Epcot: Test Track
- Disney's Hollywood Studios: Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster
- Disney's Animal Kingdom: Expedition Everest, DINOSAUR
- Disneyland: Splash Mountain, Space Mountain
- DCA: California Screamin', Radiator Springs Racers, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Disney Attraction+ cards may be obtained at photo centers at Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resorts. Here's how it works:
- Ride: Obtain your Ride Claim Ticket at the attraction viewing monitors
- Associate: Present your Attractions+ card at that attractions Photo Sales Center within 24 hours of riding of riding to associate your photo.*
- Claim: Visit DisneyPhotoPass.com** from your computer and enter your Attractions+ 16 digit ID number found on the back of the card. You have 30 days from the date the photo was taken to claim your photos.
- Download: Go to "My Downloads" to access your Attractions+ PhotoDownloads to complete the download process.
* Your attractions photo must be associated to your Attractions+ card at each attraction location within 24 hours of riding or the photos are no longer available.
** Digital download is available only at DisneyPhotoPass.com and is not available at any Theme Park or Resort location. Please allow up to 24 hours for download to appear in "My Downloads". Online registration required. Attraction PhotoDownloads are for personal use only and will be available in the PhotoDownload center for 30 days from the date of purchase. After the 30th day, your downloads will no longer be available. If images expire from your account, you will still be able to access and download purchased PhotoDownloads from the PhotoDownload center with these guidelines.
MouseForLess Attractions+ Tips:
If you've purchased the Disney's Quick Service Dining Plan and don't think you will be eating at any character meals that offer photos, this may be a better option than PhotoPass+. Of course, you'll have to purchase any non-attraction PhotoPass photos you download from DisneyPhotoPass.com separately.
Ride photos cost about $19 each. If you typically buy two or more of these photos this package is a big money-saver for you. We've had reports of guests getting up to 50 or more ride photos in a single week with this deal.
If you already have or will be purchasing Disney's PhotoPass+ you don't need to purchase, Attraction+, you will already have the ability to download up to 14 days of unlimited on-ride photos as part of the PhotoPass+ package.
All Attraction+ cards are stamped with an expiration date that expires 14 days after the day it is purchased. Photos will include an attraction-specific border which is automatically added.
Guests are only given one Attraction+ card per purchase. This card is necessary to claim your photos. If you are traveling in a large group that sometimes split up, have the members of your party obtain your Ride Claim Ticket at the attraction viewing monitors. You'll have 24 hours after riding to produce your Attraction+ card and claim the photos.
For the best photos, ask cast members at qualifying attractions where the cameras are situated. If you know when the photo will happen, you can make sure that you're looking into the camera instead of down at the ground. Have some fun, think up so fun poses that your family can do that suit the nature of the attraction, such a screaming in horror on DINOSAUR or how about leisurely reading a magazine on Tower of Terror? The possibilities are endless.
Contacting Disney's PhotoPass
You may contact the Disney PhotoPass support team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, via online contact form or by calling 407-560-4300 between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. ET. For lost photos, use the Lost Photos form.
Comments From MouseForLess Members
The Disney Photographers wear a tan vest that says something about photoPass on it. Just look for the vest and make your way over to them. ~ Diane
Send your Photo CD prints Walmart, etc, to be printed. It's a heck of a lot cheaper than paying the $12.95 for a single print at Disney! My local store runs specials the week after any holiday and it's usually 3 cents for a 4 x 6 print. ~ Jan
If you only buy 6-7 prints at WDW, you will have spent as much as you would have on the PhotoCD. With the CD, you will have access to your photos forever and be able to share them with friends and family. We ended up with almost 700 photos after adding the borders to ours. I used them on Christmas cards and have them uploaded to Google Picasa so I can share them with friends and family at the click of a mouse. I am also using them to make a scrapbook of our trip. You can always buy the pre-ordered CD, and if you don't like the photos or didn't end up with that many, you are entitled to a full refund as long as you don't redeem the pre-purchase discount code. ~ Carol in Oregon
From what I hear, if you exceed the memory limit of a CD, they give you more than they give one CD for the same pre-ordered price. PhotoCD was well worth the cost to get group photos I would not have otherwise had with everyone in the picture. Plus, I have some priceless candid shots of DD with the Princesses that I am sure I never would have gotten if I was the one taking the pictures. It was nice to "enjoy the moment" with my kids and have someone else worry about the pictures. ~ Bridget
You can't fill up a card! The photos aren't stored on the card itself, so there is no space issue to worry about. The number on your card works more or less as a file number - when you enter it online, all of the pictures associated with that number will show up. It doesn't matter if you have 5 cards with 25 photos each or 1 card with 400 photos. If you leave your card in the room or one person wanders off with it, you can just get another. You can have as many cards as you need or want. If you're going to one of the seasonal Magic Kingdom parties, they often have special PhotPass cards that make great keepsakes. I get those whether I need them or not.
The fun part on line is adding the embellishments. You can add Mickey's signature that says something like "Your Pal Mickey" or Minnie's that says "Hugs and Kisses". All of the characters have special signatures. With the flower power at Epcot there are characters you can add to the lower right of the picture. The dated ones have the characters coming out of the numbers. It is a lot of fun.