Disney's PhotoPass Guide
Disney's PhotoPass gives guests the opportunity to have great high-resolution photos taken by Disney Photographers who are using state-of-the-art digital equipment, taking photos in some of the most picturesque locations. The best part? The whole family can be included in these professional shots, since Disney is taking the pictures! It's a great way to get every member of your family in a few photos, even the typical cameraperson, and will allow guests the opportunity to create wonderful family memories. Go ahead - give it a try!
PhotoPass Quick Link Reference:
- Disney PhotoPass Websites
- Walt Disney World Memory Maker Pre-Arrival Savings Offer - Save $50
- Disneyland PhotoPass+ Pre-Arrival Savings Offer - Save $30
- Photopass locations Pocket Guide
What services does Disney's Photopass offer?
There are three main services that Disney's PhotoPass offers to guests. They include Disney's PhotoPass, Disney's Memory Maker and Disney's Attractions+.
- Disney's PhotoPass: Guests can choose to get their photos taken by Disney PhotoPass photographers in the parks and buy those that they want when they arrive home. This can be done either as separate downloads or all together for a single price on a Disney PhotoPass Archive Disc. The Disney PhotoPass Archive Disc can be purchased in advance of your trip at a nice savings.
- Memory Maker: Prepay for up to 30 days of unlimited photos ahead of time. With this service, guests will be able to get not only all of their Photopass photos, but they'll also get any attraction and dining photos all available to download digitally. Memory Maker can be purchased in advance of your trip at a savings, either separately OR as part of a Disney Vacation Package.
- Disney's Attractions+: Prepay for up to 14 days of unlimited digital downloads of your ride photos only. You can still use the standard PhotoPass card to collect Photopass photos. Disney's Attractions+ must be purchased in the parks at regular price.
How Disney's PhotoPass Service Works
The first time a photograph is taken, you'll be given a PhotoPass card with a unique 16-digit barcode. Disney Photopass photographs will scan this bar code each time they take a photo. Keep your Disney PhotoPass card safe and accessible at all times during your stay. Present your PhotoPass card to the Disney Photographer each time a photo is taken.
- First, you'll need to locate a PhotoPass Photographer. They are pretty easy to spot, as they will be carrying professional camera equipment and usually can be found wearing a tan vest with two large front pockets (on Main Street look for blue and white pinstripe shirts). Guests will be able to find them throughout Walt Disney World Resort's four theme parks, water parks, Downtown Disney, at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, as well as a few other locations. PhotoPass photographers are also located at both Disneyland parks.
- Guests will have a couple of options available to them when they get their photos taken. One option will be that guests can use their MagicBand. The Disney PhotoPass photographer will simply scan the Mickey logo on your band and your photos will be linked to your account. The other option is that guests will be given a PhotoPass card. This plastic card is free will include a 16 digit barcode. The PhotoPass photographer will scan that and then hand it to you. Any time you get your photo taken by a Disney's PhotoPass photographer, you will need to get either the MagicBand or the PhotoPass card scanned.
- With Disney's PhotoPass, you are under no financial obligation to purchase the photos the photographers take. Even if you don't purchase any photos after your vacation, you can still share them online with friends and family for up to 30 days.
- If you receive a PhotoPass card, make sure to keep it card safe and accessible at all times during your stay because you will need to present your card to the Disney Photographer each time a photo is taken.
MouseForLess PhotoPass Park Tips:
Write down your 16-digit number and keep it safe incase your PhotoPass card is lost. Using your cell phone to text or email your 16-digit number to yourself is another great way to keep track of it, or take a photo of it with your camera. If your PhotoPass is misplaced, just ask any Disney Photographer for a new card. Multiple cards can be combined later online. As long as you have the number, you can still access the photos on the missing card on Disney's PhotoPass site.
For convenience and easy access, store your PhotoPass card in a clear plastic sleeve attached to a lanyard around your neck. No need to remove the card from the sleeve each time you would like to use it; it can be scanned right through the plastic.
If you are traveling in a group, you can get the same photo added to more than one card and after your trip each member of the group can set up his or her own account.
Get as many photos taken as you want! There's no limit to the number of photos you can have.
If your party is likely to split-up, ask for a card for each family member; multiple cards can be combined online later into one account.
Ask for multiple poses. It's free and Disney photographers are glad to oblige. You can also ask the Disney PhotoPass photographer to take similar poses with your own camera.
Disney will often superimpose characters into one of your PhotoPass photos. These characters can vary by location. Ask what characters might be available at each location.
Did you know you can ask Disney's PhotoPass Photographers to take specific shots for you? If you want a "silly" photo, for example, just let them know - they may even have some suggestions for you!
Don't leave your own camera behind. While PhotoPass photographers are usually available on main walkways (especially where main park icons like the castle, Tree of Life, Mickey's Scorcerer Hat, etc are in view) and at character meet & greet areas, sometimes they are unavailable, especially on rainy days. Don't take chances and miss that "special moment."
PhotoPass Magic Shots
Disney PhotoPass Service is famous for taking a few "magical" photos. Magic Shots are a special service of Disney PhotoPass Service that adds a special touch of magic to Guests' photos by using props and include other special elements such as Disney characters or other surprises. These unique photos can currently be taken at a few select locations. Magic Shots are currently available at the following locations:
- Magic Kingdom Park: Main Street USA at Main Street Bakery and Casey's Corner
- Epcot: Spaceship Earth near Club Cool
- Disney's Hollywood Studios: Crossroads of the World and Hollywood Boulevard at Celebrity 5 & 10
- Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park: Tree of Life - Discovery Island, Tree of Life - Discovery
- Island Alcove, Tree of Life - Africa/Asia Pathway
- Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park: Cross Country Creek
- Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park: Castaway Creek
How To Access Photos
Recently, Disney PhotoPass Service has opened the doors to a new online experience for Walt Disney World Resort guests at MyDisneyPhotoPass.com. This web site will work in conjunction with MyMagic+. Guests who have purchased Memory Maker that replaces PhotoPass+ will still need to show their Memory Maker cards in order to receive their selected digital Attraction and Dining photos. They will also no longer receive actual prints of their Dining photos.
Via the website, guests will be able to organize photos in a timeline that allows them to relive vacation memories as they happened. The website also offers guests the chance to edit their photos, changing them from color to black and white or sepia, as well as adding unique options to include on the photographs such as Disney borders, stickers featuring Character signatures and Disney icons.
If it is your first time visiting MyDisneyPhotoPass.com, you will need to register for an account in order to be able to access your photos. If you already have a Disney account, including a My Disney Experience account, you will simply need to enter your username and password.
Keep in mind that if you are attempting to access photos from Disneyland Resort, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex (Gameday Photos) and Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, you will need to do so via a separate website links at MyDisneyPhotoPass.com.
All Disney's PhotoPass photos, dining photos and attraction photos in MyDisneyPhotoPass.com accounts will now expire 45 days from the date the photos were taken. This means that the expiration date of all of your photos may vary, depending on the date each photo was taken. (For example, if you went on a vacation Monday through Friday, your Monday photo will expire first, and then four days later, your Friday photos would expire.)
Guests who would like to extend their photos expiration date to 60 days from the date the photos were taken may purchase an expiration extension, if they wish. If purchased, all photos in guest accounts as of the day the expiration extension is purchased will then expire 60 days from the date the photos were taken. Please keep in mind that expiration dates of photos may only be extended once. (So you will need to make sure that all of your photos are edited and ordered by the expiration time, because once they are gone, they are gone.)
A new change is that guests will no longer be able to order prints of photos uploaded from their own cameras, nor will they be able to have them added to a CD. Personal photos can still be uploaded for use in photo products. The PhotoCD has a new name too! It will now be called Disney PhotoPass Archive Disc.
You will also be able to share photos with family and friends online. You can even purchase high-quality 5 x 7, 8 x 10 or wallet-sized prints; photo greeting cards; Photobooks, and other photo products for an additional cost.
To view the expiration date of a photo in your album, click to enlarge the photo. Beneath the enlarged photo, the expiration date will appear. You will receive a notification email prior to the removal of the images. Please ensure that your email address is valid and that if you use a Spam filter, you check your Spam folder for this message. You can also add DisneyPhotoPass@ecommserv.com to your accepted email senders list to help ensure that this important email reaches you. Disney reserves the right to not upload photos which are deemed to be of poor quality and/or contain content that might be deemed to be offensive. No complimentary extension will be granted on the 30 days you have to view, share, and purchase photos.
MouseForLess Photo Accessing Tips:
Disney offers an extension on your PhotoPass time for a price. A photo storage extension can be purchased for $19.95 for 15 days. If you need more time to decided which photos to purchase, watch the PhotoPass "Special Offer" area as sometimes discounts on storage extension are offered.
If you have a lot of Disney's Photopass photos, purchasing a Disney PhotoPass Archive Disc online grants copyright permission to all of your photos. Print them yourself or send them to your local photo processing store (Walmart, Sam's Club, Walgreens, etc.) and save money. The copyright agreement is stored on the CD itself. You must present this agreement to your photo retailer when you create prints of your Disney's PhotoPass photos.
Once you access your photos you can view and share them, as well as order prints of your photos and create Disney keepsake products before they are deleted. Be aware that photos are deleted at midnight on the day of expiration. This means the day before your expiration date is the last full day to access your photos.
The PhotoPass site has ecards you can make and send, personalized from photos in your account and music. Plus, you can share your PhotoPass photos three ways: via email, post to a blog or even publish directly to your Facebook newsfeed. Friends and family are only able to view your vacation photo albums and order prints. They are not able to make edits to your photos. Click here to learn more about sharing photos from your account.
If you have Internet access (all Walt Disney World resorts and parks provide free WiFi access to guests) and would like to share your photos with family and friends while on vacation, you can do so by registering your PhotoPass card(s) right away. This can be an easy and simple way to involve everyone in your vacation via PhotoPass' free photo sharing options, email, ecards or Facebook. Just remember, once you log-in after the first photo has been taken, you will only have 30 days from that point to make enhancements and purchases.
If you have more than one Disney's PhotoPass ID when you register, simply click the "Add another ID" under your account information to combine cards onto a single account.
Disney's PhotoPass web site keeps track of all of the PhotoPass numbers (cards) that you enter indefinitely. You can re-use a PhotoPass card from a previous vacation, but be sure you can still access the card before leaving home. You can find your card numbers under your account information. And, remember that you have 30 days to log-in once you start adding new photos to claim them.
If you lose your PhotoPass card and don't have the number for the card, Disney may still be able to help you find your photos. Just fill out a Lost PhotoPass Form online with as much info as you can remember. Disney can only find photos taken within the last 30 days. If you discover you've lost your card in the park, you can also stop by one of the photo centers for assistance.
When you have your Disney’s PhotoPass photo taken at select Character Meet and Greet locations in the Walt Disney World theme parks, Disney will magically add a selection of incredible stock photos of your favorite Characters from your encounter. These stock photos are all available for you to view, share, or use in any of PhotoPass online photo products. You can use them to spice up your Disney’s Photo Book, Calendars, Greeting Cards and best of all, when you purchase Disney’s PhotoCD they are also included as high-resolution files on the disc for your personal use at home, for printing or your computer’s desktop wallpaper!
PhotoPass Locations at Disneyland Resort
Click here to view or download a PhotoPass location maps for Disneyland Resort or use the menu on the same page to select a location for PhotoPass tips. Note: Disney California Adventure map has not yet been updated to include Cars Land, Buena Vista Street and other recent changes to the park. Some of the tips for both parks are terribly outdated.
Disney Photopass photoghrapers are also available at the following Disneyland dining locations: PCH Grill, Goofy's Kitchen, Ariel's Disney Princess Celebration.
Disneyland guests now have the option to add souvenir photos to their PhotoPass cards for the following Disneyland Resort attractions: Splash Mountain and Space Mountain at Disneyland park and California Screamin'and Tower of Terror at Disney California Adventure park. Guests may either purchase the digital download for $14.99 or purchase the on-site 5" x 7" photo for $14.99 and get a digital download for free. Photos may be loaded onto your existing PhotoPass card or onto a separate ride PhotoPass, but each of these cards will have different expiration periods. While the standard PhotoPass card has 30 days to access photos, and another 30 days to purchase, the separate ride PhotoPass card will have 30 days to access photos but only 10 days to download before the photo is deleted.
PhotoPass Locations at Walt Disney World Resort
Magic Kingdom Park
- Agrabah Bazaar Meet and Greet - photo opts with Aladdin, Jasmine and the Genie
- Ariel's Grotto Meet and Greet - have your photo taken with Ariel
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
- Be Our Guest Meet and Greet - meet the Beast
- Captain Jack Sparrow's Pirate Tutorial
- Cinderella Castle, near Crystal Palace
- Enchanted Tales With Belle - Have your photo taken with Belle
- Fairytale Garden Meet and Greet - photo op with Merida from "Brave"
- Frontierland Meet and Greet - meet Jessie and Woody from "Toy Story"
- Fantasyland Bridge
- Fantasyland Teacups Meet and Greet - Alice and Wonderland characters
- Fantasyland Thoughtful Spot Meet and Greet - meet Pooh and Tigger
- Gaston's Tavern Meet and Greet - meet Gaston from "Beauty and the Beast"
- Journey of the Little Mermaid Bridge
- Liberty Square Meet and Greet - Get a photo with Princess Tiana
- Liberty Square Bridge
- Magician Mickey Meet and Greet - stop by Town Square Theater for photos with Mickey
- Main Street USA, near Emporium
- Main Street USA, near Guest Information Board
- Main Street USA, near Main Street Bakery
- Main Street USA Train Station
- Partners Statue
- Pete's Silly Sideshow - meet either Daisy/Minnie or Goofy/Donald
- Princess Fairy Tale Hall - meet either Rapunzel or Cinderella, each joined by a Princess friend
- Rose Garden
- Tinker Bell's Magical Nook - meet Tinker Bell and a fairy friend
- Tomorrowland Bridge
- Tomorrowland Meet and Greet - meet Buzz Lightyear
- Town Square Meet and Greet - Disney characters often stop by here in the morning
- China Meet and Greet - meet Mulan
- Epcot Character Spot - photo opts with Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy
- Epcot Entrance
- France Meet and Greet - meet either Belle or Aurora
- France Fountain
- France Fragrance Gardens Meet and Greet
- Fountain of Nations Courtyard
- International Gateway Bridge
- Germany Meet and Greet - meet Snow White
- Mexico Meet and Greet - meet Donald dressed ready for Fiesta!
- Morocco Meet and Greet - meet Aladdin and Jasmine
- Norway Meet and Greet - meet Anna and Elsa from Frozen
- United Kingdom Meet and Greet - meet Pooh and Tigger
- World Showcase Overlook
Disney's Hollywood Studios
- American Idol - Guests who make it to the American Idol Experience stage to perform will be photographed
- Disney Junior Meet and Greet - meet Sophia from Sophia the First and Jake from Jake and the Neverland Pirates
- Disney's Hollywood Studios Arch
- Hollywood Banner
- Hollywood Blvd
- Hollywood Blvd Meet and Greet - Meet with popular Disney characters like Donald, Goofy, and Chip n' Dale.
- Hollywood Studios Entrance
- Jedi Training Academy - pose with Darth Vader or get photos of your child participating in one of the training sessions
- The Magic of Disney Animation Meet and Greets - meet Sorcerer Mickey, Minnie Mouse, The Incredibles, and Wreck-It Ralph with Vanelope
- Monsters Inc Meet and Greet - Meet with Mike Wazowski and Sulley
- The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights
- Star Tours Speeder Bike
- Sunset Blvd
- Team McQueen Headquarters - meet with Lightening McQueen and Mater
- Tristate Courtyard Meet and Greet
- Woody's Picture Shootin' - meet Woody and Buzz Lightyear
Disney's Animal Kingdom
- Adventurers Outpost Meet and Greet - meet with Mickey and Minnie
- Bus Stop Marquee
- Bradley Falls between Asia and Africa - meet King Louie & Baloo
- Dinoland USA Service Station - meet Goofy and Pluto
- Discovery Island Character Meet and Greet - meet Pooh and Tigger too!
- Discovery Island Trail - meet Pocahontas and friends
- Rafiki's Planet Watch - meet Chip 'n' Dale
- Expedition Everest Overlook
- Cretaceous Trail in Dinoland USA - meet Donald Duck
- Main Entrance
- Tree of Life
- Tree of Life Garden
- Wilderness Explorer Meet and Greet - meet Russell and Dug from Up
- Disney PhotoPass photograhers are available at Disney's Typhoon Lagoon and Disney's Blizzard Beach water parks on a seasonal basis, and may not be available during the late fall/winter/early spring months. Look for cool miniature PhotoPass cards that you can wear on your wrist.
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique - get photographs before and after the magical transformation.
- Select Dining Locations – If you dine at any of the following locations AND purchase the photos offered tableside, those photos can be added to your Disney's PhotoPass account.
- 1900 Park Fare at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort
- Cinderella's Royal Table at Magic Kingdom Park (photos included with meal price)
- Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus; Norway in Epcot (photos included with meal price)
- Tusker House at Disney's Animal Kingdom Park (Donald's Safari Breakfast and Lunch only)
- Chef Mickey's at Disney's Contemporary Resort
- Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show at Disney's Polynesian Resort
- ‘Ohana at Disney's Polynesian Resort (Breakfast only)
- Mickey's Backyard Barbecue and the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue Dinner show at Fort Wilderness Resort
- At Disneyland Resort: Disney's PCH Grill at Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel, Goofy's Kitchen at Disneyland Hotel. Ariel's Disney Princess Celebration at Disney's California Adventure Park
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party Locations
- Main Street U.S.A. - Mickey at Town Square Theater
- Hub in front of Cinderella's Castle - pose with Disney villians: Frollo, Queen of Hearts, Captain Hook, Cruella, Dr. Facillier, Evil Queen & Maleficent
- Haunted Mansion - *Special effects pose with hitchhiking ghost is sometimes available
- Hearse outside the Haunted Mansion. *Special effects pose with hearse ghost driver is sometimes available
- Adventureland - Tinker Bell and Tarzan & Jane
- Frontierland - pose with Woody, Jessie, Bullseye
- Fantasyland - pose with the Princesses at Fairy Tale Hall
- Check our MNSSHP page beginning mid September for specific character locations
- Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Locations
- Main Street U.S.A. - Mickey at Town Square Theater
- Hub in front of Cinderella's Castle
- Fantasyland - pose with with the Princesses at Fairy Tale Hall
- Adventureland - pose with Tinker Bell
- Tomorrowland - Goofy, Pluto, Chip, Dale are usually at Cosmic Ray's
- Check our MVMCP page beginning sometime in late November for specific character locations
- Other Holiday Locations
- Deluxe resort lobbies next to the Christmas trees.
- Christmas trees located outside of the park entrances of Animal Kingdom & Disney's Hollywood Studios and inside the park at Magic Kingdom and Epcot.
- Tour Guide Gardens in the Magic Kingdom Santa Meet & Greet
- The American Adventure in Epcot Santa Meet & Greet
- Goofy’s Winter Wonderland Santa Meet at Osborne Lights at Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Downtown Disney Marketplace Santa Meet & Greet at Christmas Chalet
- Tour Guide Gardens in the Magic Kingdom Easter Bunny Meet & Greet
Click here to view PhotoPass location maps for Walt Disney World. Use the park menu to change the map view (bottom of page). In addition, PhotoPass locations are marked on all theme park maps. Just look for the PhotoPass icon.
MouseForLess Photo Locations Tips:
At Walt Disney World, Disney Visa offers cardholders a free private meet & greet daily between 1:30 and 7:00 pm at EPCOT's Innoventions West. In addition, cardholders are entitled to a free 5 x 7 print taken by a Disney PhotoPass photographer. Those with Disney Visas in hand can get one free print each day they visit. At Disneyland Resort, the Visa meet & greet locations can be found at near Monsters, Inc n the Hollywood Pictures Backlot area of Disney's California Adventure. The meet & greet operates for the first hour and a half that the park is opened.
During holiday parties in the Magic Kingdom, such as Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, make sure to get a PhotoPass card if you don't have one with you. You can add your party PhotoPass card to your other PhotoPass cards online when you get home.
Don't overlook using Disney PhotoPass photographer's at Disney water parks. Photographers are position in some unique locations to get shots you would not normally get, like at the bottom of select water slides or in the wave pools.
The small-sized PhotoPass card you get at Disney's water parks come attached to a stretch bracelet you can slip round your wrist. These cards are so cool and handy, you may want to consider using it as your main once you get one. They work in the theme parks as well!
The time of day can make for completely different photos. Trying capturing some gorgeous nighttime versions of the photos you took earlier in the day.
For some fun or unique photo opportunities that don't involve a PhotoPass photographer, try these ideas: 1) locate the lightpost with an umbrella attached at Disney's Hollywood Studios. It's near the entrance to Lights, Motors, Action! on the Streets of America. Push a button on the umbrella and it "rains” overhead. 2) Families with children can locate the Cigar Shop Indian on Main Street USA in the Magic Kingdom. Have the kids take an annual photo next to him. The Indian makes a unique pictorial measuring stick to see your children's growth! 3) Would you love to have some photos of Main Street USA and Cinderella's Castle without all of the people? You can by making early reservations for Crystal Palace. You can make them up to an hour before the park opens and enter an empty Magic Kingdom in the morning!
At both Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resort, character meal photo packages you have purchased can be added to your PhotoPass card if you ask.
If you would like to review the photos on your PhotoPass card while outside of the Walt Disney World theme parks, you can view them at the following locations: Team Mickey at Downtown Disney, M. Mouse Mercantile at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Trader Jack's at Disney's Polynesian Resort, Zawadi at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge or Beach Club Marketplace at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resort. If you find photos missing they may be able to help you. In the parks, check at the viewing stations listed for each park locations above. Just remember, you only have 45 days to access your photos and make purchases.
Disney also has a solution for your personal photo storage problems. Select camera/photo centers at Disney resorts are equipped with digital technology allowing guests to download their pictures from a digital media card onto an archive CD. For more info on Disney camera services see our camera services section.
When taking your own photos at the theme parks, look for the Picture Spot signs that mark great backdrops for your photos. Look for the camera icon on your guide map to locate them.
Disney has released the new Disney Memories HD App for Apple and other mobile devices. The free app allows users to add a Disney touch to their personal photos, whether it’s through posing (virtually) with a Disney character, or choosing from a selection of more than 100 “decoration items” to add to their photos, including photo stickers, Disney Parks and attraction-themed filters, frames and more. You can also use the app to view a “Photo of the Day,” as well as set character audio and video alarms.
How Much Does it Cost?
- 5x7 PhotoPass Print: single $14.95
- 4x6 PhotoPass Print: two $14.95
- 8x10 PhotoPass Print: single $16.95
- 16x20 PhotoPass Print: single $24.95
- 4" x 6" Print from "My Uploaded Photos": $0.19 each (photos you take with your own camera
- Digital Photo Downloads: $14.95 each; Get the high resolution digital file for your selected Disney's PhotoPass photo(s) including any edits.
- Set of 20 Photo Stickers: $9.95
- 20 Photo Occasion Cards: $29.95; each additional set $19.95.
- 10 Folded Photo Occasion Cards: $24.95; each additional set $19.95
- Disney's PhotoBook: $79.95 and up for 20 pages, additional pages up to 60 can be added for a fee (photos from your PhotoPass account can be used as well as those uploaded from your camera and Disney stock photos).
- Photo Storage Extension: $19.95 for 15 days.
- Disney's Personal Photo Archive CD: $19.95; All of the photos you've uploaded to DisneyPhotopass.com. You must present the accompanying copyright agreement to your photo retailer when you create prints of your "Disney Customized" personal photos.
- Disney's PhotoGallery CD: $39.95; with hundreds of breathtaking photos to enjoy from Disneyland or WDW theme parks and resorts, these CDs are perfect for scrapbooking and computer wallpaper.
- Photo Mugs, Mouse Pads, Ornaments, Photo Puzzles, Address Labels & more: for the most up-to-date prices, visit disneyphotopass.com.
- See our PhotoCD and PhotoPass+ sections for information and pricing on these products
MouseForLess Photo Purchase Tips:
Disney often offers special promotions on individual items. Just click the "Special Offer" tab on any online Disney PhotoPass page to see what is currently being offered. PhotoPrints are usually discounted 20-25%.
DisneyPhotoPass.com accepts Visa, MasterCard, and American Express credit cards for payment. You can also make purchases with the Disney Gift Card and the Disney Rewards Card.
You can upload photos from your own camera to use in Disney PhotoPass products or to order prints. You can even add borders and captions to them; Disney Character signatures are available for Disney's PhotoPass photos only. JPEG (no larger than 2MB in size) is the only file type supported at DisneyPhotoPass.com. Note that uploaded photos follow the same "storage" policy as Disney's PhotoPass photos. You'll have 30 days from when you upload them to use them.
For those taking a Disney cruise, PhotoPass offers a Disney Cruise Line photo book cover and set of 20 ship-themed pages. To create the book, you must upload your own photos or photos purchased on the ship.
Disney PhotoPass Archive CD
A $169.95 (plus tax) non-discounted Disney PhotoCD can be ordered after your Disney vacation as long as you log into the Disney PhotoPass web site and create an account with the special registration code located on your park PhotoPass card. Be sure to click the "Special Offers" tab first, as sometimes deals are offered on the PhotoCD that require you to use the supplied promotion code.
When you purchase a PhotoCD you will receive all the Disney PhotoPass images in your account on an archive quality CD, including any dining photos that you purchased and had added to your PhotoPass card. Note that Cinderella's Royal Table at Magic Kingdom Park and Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus at Epcot include the price of your photos in the meal so those photos can be added to your PhotoPass card without additional purchase. You'll also receive a copyright release that allows you to reprint and use your images in the sizes and formats that you wish. There is no limit to the number of photos you can have on a PhotoCD. The price is the same regardless of the number of photos in your account. Note that Disney's Gallery photos and any uploaded photos from your own camera will not be included on your PhotoCD.
You can purchase prints of your Disney PhotoPass photos on a PhotoCD for $169.95 in the parks anywhere photos may be view (Box Office Gifts located in Town Square Theater in Magic Kingdom, the Camera Center at Epcot, Cover Story at Disney's Hollywood Studios and Garden Gate Gifts at Animal Kingdom or at Team Mickey at Downtown Disney Marketplace, M. Mouse Mercantile at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa (2nd floor), Trader Jack's at Disney's Polynesian Resort, Zawadi at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge and Beach Club Marketplace at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resort). If your PhotoCD is purchased in the parks you will not have the opportunity to add borders and enhancements to individual photos.
For Disneyland, PhotoCDs can be purchased for $69.95, plus tax, but these do not offer online photo enhancement. PhotoCDs are available online at DisneyPhotoPass.com, or at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure theme parks at the PhotoPass Centers.
PhotoCD Pre-Arrival Purchase
You can save $50 by purchasing a Walt Disney World Disney PhotoCD before leaving for your vacation. The cost is just $119.95 plus tax using this special link. The pre-arrival offer is not available for the Disneyland PhotoCD.
The pre-arrival Disney’s PhotoCD can be purchased up until midnight the day before your arrival. Disney’s pre-arrival PhotoCD will only include Disney's PhotoPass photos taken after your PhotoCD is purchased. Disney’s PhotoPass photos within your Disney's PhotoPass account prior to purchasing will not be included. Once you have purchased a pre-arrival savings offer, you will receive a confirmation email and credit(s) in your shopping cart on DisneyPhotoPass.com for the PhotoCD you pre-ordered. After your vacation, enhance your photos. When you are ready to purchase, add the PhotoCD you pre-ordered to your shopping cart and place your order. Applicable shipping & handling charges and taxes will be charged to all orders. The applicable credit will be deducted from your cart and applied to your order. If for any reason you decide that you do not wish to fulfill your pre-arrival PhotoCD order, just let Disney know within 90 days from the date of Pre-purchase and they will remove the credit from your cart and grant you a full refund. Please note however, once a credit has been "applied" to an order, a refund will not be granted. While the pre-ordered credit has no expiration date, your photos will expire based on the DisneyPhotoPass.com storage policy. Be sure to apply your credit before your photos expire. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your Disney PhotoPass product you will need to contact Disney within 14 days from the date you received your product for a refund.
MouseForLess PhotoCD Tips:
The PhotoCD & Photo Book offer (Ultimate Memory package) is no longer available for Pre Purchase, however every week DisneyPhotoPass.com offers discounts and promotions that sometimes include the Photo CD and/or the Photo Book.
Share a PhotoCD by creating a PhotoPass account for an extended family or group of friends traveling together and purchasing the PhotoCD. Payment will need to be made by a single person, but everyone can contribute to the cost. Everyone in the group can access and edit their photos after the trip. The CD can then be ordered by a single person and individual photos distributed. Note: Once a Disney's PhotoPass Card ID is claimed into an account, it cannot be claimed again in a different account.
Review all of the images in your account and make any edits to your photos prior to purchasing your PhotoCD to ensure your photos include the borders and signatures you desire. The PhotoCD includes all Disney's PhotoPass photos in your account at the time of purchase.
Walt Disney World has rolled out a brand new way of making photo memories with its Memory Maker package. The Memory Maker Capture allows you to capture more memories than ever and preserves those special moments that happen while you are on vacation for you. Giving you then the ability to relax and simply enjoy the fun of being with your family and friends.
Part of the MyMagic+ system, this new package will allow guests to collect, view, download, and share all of their Walt Disney World vacation photos that are linked to My Disney Experience. This system contains the exact same access to photographs that was once available with Disney’s PhotoPass+. The main difference is that this new system is 100% digital. Guests will be able to enjoy unlimited downloads of digital photos that were taken during their stay at the Walt Disney World Resort. No longer will you have to purchase each photo individually! You can relive all your memories, as well as have the ability to share them with family and friends.
The pre-purchase cost of the Memory Maker is $149.00 - a savings of $50. (Purchasing the new service at select merchandise locations around Walt Disney World will cost $199.00) Once Memory Maker is purchased, you will be able to obtain any photos taken by PhotoPass Photographers, as well as some candid shots, dining location photos, and attraction photos.
Here is a video that explains in detail what Memory Maker offers.
- Link Memory Maker to your My Disney Experience account. If you pre-purchased it online, it may have been linked automatically.
- Add people to your Family & Friends list. This will enable you to be able to view, as well as download any of their photos too.
- Get photos taken at any of the of Disney PhotoPass locations, as well as at select attraction and dining locations throughout Walt Disney World Resort. Each photo will need to be linked to your My Disney Experience account through your MagicBand, Memory Maker card, park admission ticket, or Disney PhotoPass Card by touching card or band to a device the photographer uses. On-ride attraction photos will be able to be added at the counter where they can currently be viewed.
- View and download your photos. Guests will be able to download any photos they want as soon as they are available in their My Disney Experience account. In addition, photos can be downloaded as many times as you would like. Keep in mind that once you download the first photo, which essentially redeems your Memory Maker purchase, you will have 30 days in which to capture more photos. (This includes adding any photos you would like to have from the Friends and Family you are connected with via My Disney Experience.) PhotoPass photos will remain in your account for 45 days after they are taken. An extension can be purchased on the Disney PhotoPass website. This extension is good for an extra 15 days, thereby allowing you to have access to your photos for 60 days from the date the photos are taken.
You will still be able to to make your edits, add borders, etc to your photos before you download them.
There are several ways to purchase Memory Maker, including:
- Online or over the phone prior to arriving at the Walt Disney World Resort, either as a standalone product or as part of a vacation package.
- Prior to arriving onsite, from approved Walt Disney World ticket sellers.
- At select merchandise and Disney PhotoPass sales locations at theme parks and Downtown Disney, as well as at Walt Disney World Resort hotels.
If you do in pre-purchase the Memory Maker package, any photos taken within a three day window from the date Memory Maker is purchased will not be included in your My Disney Experience account. This means that any photo taken outside your Memory Maker window must be purchased separately. Also, the purchase of Memory Maker is non-refundable.
If you don’t want your family or friends you are connected with to be able to have access to your photos, you can restrict the access. Photo sharing is set one person at a time, so you will be able to control who's able to view the images that are linked to your My Disney Experience account. One thing to note is that anyone you allow access to view your photos will also be able to purchase any of the products offered by Disney PhotoPass using your Disney PhotoPass photos. You can restrict others from viewing the photos in your account, by setting up photo sharing permissions using the Family & Friends page that’s located in your profile.
This new system replaced the Disney PhotoPass+ system on December 6. The difference between Disney's PhotoPass and Memory Maker is that Memory Maker is 100 percent digital and allows unlimited downloads during and after the Guest’s stay (within 45 days from when the photos were taken) where as with Disney PhotoPass+, it was a one-time post-stay download. Guests who have already pre-purchased Disney PhotoPass+ will have the option of keeping that product or returning it and purchasing MyMagic+ Memory Maker.
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Rock 'n Roller Coaster
- Expedition Everest
- Test Track
- Photos captured during Storytime with Belle and Jedi Training Academy
- When you visit Pirate's League at the Walt Disney World Resort you will receive your photo Print Package for no additional charge when you present your Disney PhotoPass+ card.
- Photos captured during a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique transformation will be scanned to your Disney Memory Maker card for no additional charge. Please note that you will not receive prints but your Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique images will be included in your My Disney Experience app.
Participating Character Dining Locations:
- 1900 Park Fare (Breakfast & Dinner)
- Ohana (Breakfast)
- Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show
- Chef Mickey's (Breakfast & Dinner)
- Cinderella's Royal Table (B,L,D)*
- Tusker House Restaurant (Breakfast & Lunch)
- Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue
- Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (B,L,D)*
* Indicates these dining locations already include photo package as part of their inclusive price
Disney PhotoPass+ is available at the PhotoPass Sales Centers located inside Disneyland Resort theme parks, as well as at participating Disney PhotoPass+ Dining locations. The PhotoPass+ package is valid for vacations up to 14-days in length and features an unlimited capacity of images.
The cost of the Disneyland PhotoPass+ is $99.95 if purchased in the parks and and $69.95 if purchased pre-arrival, plus applicable tax.
Disneyland Participating Attractions:
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- California Screamin'
- Radiator Springs Racers
Disneyland Participating Character Dining Locations:
- PCH Grill
- Goofy's Kitchen
- Ariel's Grotto
- Plaza Inn
At the Disneyland Resort you may also purchase Disney PhotoPass+ at any of the following participating Disney PhotoPass+ Dining locations:
- Ariel's Grotto
- Disney's PCH Grill
- Plaza Inn
- Goofy's Kitchen
Keep in mind that these Dining locations are open for limited hours, Call the location ahead of time to find out the hours of operation for the day you are planning on stopping by.
PhotoPass Sales Centers and View Stations
Where PhotoPass+ Vouchers can be Redeemed:
- Main Street Photo Supply in Disneyland park
- Kingswell Camera Shop in Disney california Adventure park
MouseForLess Disneyland PhotoPass+ Tips:
The Disneyland PhotoPass+ is available for pre-arrival purchase at a $30 savings. Use this special link to purchase Walt Disney World PhotoPass+ at Pre-Arrival Savings of just $69.95 (plus tax). To take advantage of the pre-arrival purchase offer you must order at least 14 days prior to your vacation.
For comparison purposes, on-ride photos at the 5 available attractions would cost $14.95 each ($74.95 total), photo packages at the 4 available dining locations would cost $30 each ($120 total), the included PhotoCD would cost $69.95 if purchased separately. This would bring the grand total of everything you get in the PhotoPass+ package to about $265 if components were all purchased individually, and this does not even take into account the $39.95 value of Disney's Gallery CD.
Regular PhotoPass photos taken in the parks may be added to your PhotoPass+ card by visiting one of the Disneyland Resort Photo Centers before the end of your trip.
NEW! Disney Attractions+ Card
Disney's Attraction+ allows Walt Disney World or Disneyland guests to purchase up to 14 days of unlimited downloadable on-ride photos for $44.95. Photos will be available through Disney’s PhotoPass web site. The Attractions+ product does not include prints. Those that wish to have hard copies of their photos must print them from the downloads.
The following attractions are included in Disney Attractions+
Walt Disney World Resort
- Magic Kingdom: Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
- Epcot: Test Track
- Disney's Hollywood Studios: Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster
- Disney's Animal Kingdom: Expedition Everest, DINOSAUR
- Disneyland: Splash Mountain, Space Mountain
- DCA: California Screamin', Radiator Springs Racers, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Disney Attraction+ cards may be obtained at photo centers at Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resorts. Here's how it works:
- Ride: Obtain your Ride Claim Ticket at the attraction viewing monitors
- Associate: Present your Attractions+ card at that attractions Photo Sales Center within 24 hours of riding of riding to associate your photo.*
- Claim: Visit DisneyPhotoPass.com** from your computer and enter your Attractions+ 16 digit ID number found on the back of the card. You have 30 days from the date the photo was taken to claim your photos.
- Download: Go to "My Downloads" to access your Attractions+ PhotoDownloads to complete the download process.
* Your attractions photo must be associated to your Attractions+ card at each attraction location within 24 hours of riding or the photos are no longer available.
** Digital download is available only at DisneyPhotoPass.com and is not available at any Theme Park or Resort location. Please allow up to 24 hours for download to appear in "My Downloads". Online registration required. Attraction PhotoDownloads are for personal use only and will be available in the PhotoDownload center for 30 days from the date of purchase. After the 30th day, your downloads will no longer be available. If images expire from your account, you will still be able to access and download purchased PhotoDownloads from the PhotoDownload center with these guidelines.
MouseForLess Attractions+ Tips:
If you've purchased the Disney's Quick Service Dining Plan and don't think you will be eating at any character meals that offer photos, this may be a better option than PhotoPass+. Of course, you'll have to purchase any non-attraction PhotoPass photos you download from DisneyPhotoPass.com separately.
Ride photos cost about $19 each. If you typically buy two or more of these photos this package is a big money-saver for you. We've had reports of guests getting up to 50 or more ride photos in a single week with this deal.
If you already have or will be purchasing Disney's PhotoPass+ you don't need to purchase, Attraction+, you will already have the ability to download up to 14 days of unlimited on-ride photos as part of the PhotoPass+ package.
All Attraction+ cards are stamped with an expiration date that expires 14 days after the day it is purchased. Photos will include an attraction-specific border which is automatically added.
Guests are only given one Attraction+ card per purchase. This card is necessary to claim your photos. If you are traveling in a large group that sometimes split up, have the members of your party obtain your Ride Claim Ticket at the attraction viewing monitors. You'll have 24 hours after riding to produce your Attraction+ card and claim the photos.
For the best photos, ask cast members at qualifying attractions where the cameras are situated. If you know when the photo will happen, you can make sure that you're looking into the camera instead of down at the ground. Have some fun, think up so fun poses that your family can do that suit the nature of the attraction, such a screaming in horror on DINOSAUR or how about leisurely reading a magazine on Tower of Terror? The possibilities are endless.
Contacting Disney's PhotoPass
You may contact the Disney PhotoPass support team by emailing email@example.com, via online contact form or by calling 407-560-4300 between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. ET. For lost photos, use the Lost Photos form.
Comments From MouseForLess Members
The Disney Photographers wear a tan vest that says something about photoPass on it. Just look for the vest and make your way over to them. ~ Diane
Send your Photo CD prints Walmart, etc, to be printed. It's a heck of a lot cheaper than paying the $12.95 for a single print at Disney! My local store runs specials the week after any holiday and it's usually 3 cents for a 4 x 6 print. ~ Jan
If you only buy 6-7 prints at WDW, you will have spent as much as you would have on the PhotoCD. With the CD, you will have access to your photos forever and be able to share them with friends and family. We ended up with almost 700 photos after adding the borders to ours. I used them on Christmas cards and have them uploaded to Google Picasa so I can share them with friends and family at the click of a mouse. I am also using them to make a scrapbook of our trip. You can always buy the pre-ordered CD, and if you don't like the photos or didn't end up with that many, you are entitled to a full refund as long as you don't redeem the pre-purchase discount code. ~ Carol in Oregon
From what I hear, if you exceed the memory limit of a CD, they give you more than they give one CD for the same pre-ordered price. PhotoCD was well worth the cost to get group photos I would not have otherwise had with everyone in the picture. Plus, I have some priceless candid shots of DD with the Princesses that I am sure I never would have gotten if I was the one taking the pictures. It was nice to "enjoy the moment" with my kids and have someone else worry about the pictures. ~ Bridget
You can't fill up a card! The photos aren't stored on the card itself, so there is no space issue to worry about. The number on your card works more or less as a file number - when you enter it online, all of the pictures associated with that number will show up. It doesn't matter if you have 5 cards with 25 photos each or 1 card with 400 photos. If you leave your card in the room or one person wanders off with it, you can just get another. You can have as many cards as you need or want. If you're going to one of the seasonal Magic Kingdom parties, they often have special PhotPass cards that make great keepsakes. I get those whether I need them or not.
The fun part on line is adding the embellishments. You can add Mickey's signature that says something like "Your Pal Mickey" or Minnie's that says "Hugs and Kisses". All of the characters have special signatures. With the flower power at Epcot there are characters you can add to the lower right of the picture. The dated ones have the characters coming out of the numbers. It is a lot of fun.