Fantasmic! Dining Packages
Fantasmic! is a 25-minute journey into the colorful imagination of Mickey Mouse. This nighttime musical special effects extravaganza that is filled with Disney characters, dancing fountains, water screens, fireworks, live actors, animated props including a 40-foot-tall-fire-breathing-dragon, and more. The show takes place nights at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
Why Purchase a Package? Most nights people begin lining up for Fantasmic! Up to two hours in advance to ensure getting a seat for the show. Despite seating capacity approaching 8,000, the theater often fills up, including the additional standing room at the back of the theater. The Fantasmic! Dining Package includes reserved seating for the showing of Fantasmic! and includes lunch or dinner at select Disney's Hollywood Studios restaurants. When you purchase a Fantasmic! Dining Package, you can avoid lengthy standing in lines and still ensure that you will have a seat. Dining packages can be booked on all dates when Fantasmic! is scheduled and allow guests to arrive 30-45 minutes prior to the show time and enjoy designated seating.
Making Reservations: The Fantasmic! Package includes a meal reservation plus a Fantasmic! reserved seating pass. Currently, "tiered" pricing for the Fantasmic Package is offered at 3 restaurants: Brown Derby, Mama Melrose, and Hollywood & Vine. Lunch times for packages are from 1:30 to 3:25 pm and dinner times are from 3:30 to 5:00 pm. Fantasmic! Dining Packages are not available at Hollywood & Vine for lunch. While there is no additional charge beyond buying your meal for the package, you must guarantee it with a credit card when reserving. Your card is not charged at the time of reserving, but a $10 cancellation fee will be applied to your card if the package is not canceled at least 48 hours prior to restaurant seating time. After dining, pay for your meal with cash, credit card, room charge or Dining Plan credit(s). Call (407) WDW-DINE (939-3463) up to 180 days in advance to make Advance Dining Reservations. The Fantasmic! Dinner Package is also available to book through Disney's Online Reservation System. Fantasmic! Dining Packages are popular and must be booked in advance. It's best to reserve one as soon as your 180 day booking window opens up.
How it Works: Arrive at your selected restaurant and dine. You will be given a special pass after your meal that will admit you to the reserve seating section in the Fantasmic! ampitheater. There is no charge for this pass and charges apply only to your pre-priced dinner. At least 30 minutes prior to show time, enter the theater with your pass and a cast member will direct you to the reserved seating section. If you enter later than 30 minutes prior to show time, you may lose your reserve seating as extra seating in this section is then offered to the general public. If a show is canceled due to rain, you will not receive a refund and your Fantasmic! pass will no longer be valid.
Note: There have been recent reports that guests who purchase the package for rained-out performances may visit Guest Relations on the way out of the park to obtain a voucher to attend Fantasmic! on one of the following five consecutive evenings that includes admission into the park for the show. This information has not been confirmed.
Dates: Dining packages are offered nightly. Additional performances may be added during peak season nights. Walt Disney World Dining will be able to give you times for Fantasmic up to 180 days in advance. You can also check the Times Guide at Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park for schedule and show times. Seating begins 90 minutes prior to show times. If more than one showing is offered, you generally do not need to purchase a Fantasmic Dinner Package to ensure seating as there is usually plenty of availability at the later shows.
PACKAGE PRICING TIERS:
Prices listed are regular prices, however, seasonal rates do apply to this package; tax but not gratuity are included in the prices.
The Hollywood Brown Derby
Dine as the stars once did at The Hollywood Brown Derby. Choice of entrée, and dessert and non alcoholic, non specialty beverage from the Derby's classic menu featuring the Original Cobb Salad. Counts as two Table Service credits for the Dining Plan; not available for the Quick Service plan. Theme park admission required.
Guest Ages 10 and Up - Lunch and Dinner: $60.70
Guest Ages 3-9 - Lunch and Dinner: $18.10
Menu • Reviews
Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano
Includes your choice of entrée, and dessert and non alcoholic, non specialty beverage from Mama’s rustic on-stage kitchen. Be sure to finish the meal with Mama’s signature Fantasmic! Tiramisu. Counts as one Table Service credit for the Dining Plan; not available for the Quick Service plan. Theme park admission required.
Guest Ages 10 and Up - Lunch and Dinner: $40.46
Guest Ages 3-9 - Lunch and Dinner: $13.84
Menu • Reviews
Hollywood & Vine Diner (no character dining for dinner)
All-you-care-to-eat buffet in our spectacular on-stage kitchen. Choose from a number of selections including; oven-roasted prime rib, baked chicken, Salmon, stir-fry noodles, pastas, salads, desserts and more. Also includes children's buffet selections and a build your own ice cream/dessert bar. Non-alcoholic, non-specialty beverages included. Counts as one Table Service credit for the Dining Plan; not available for the Quick Service plan. Theme park admission required.
Guest Ages 10 and Up - Dinner only: $38.33
Guest Ages 3-9* - Dinner only: $21.29
Menu • Reviews
- Dining Package guests enter the Highlands Gate on Sunset Boulevard located between Beauty and the Beast theater and Once Upon a Time store up to 45 minutes prior to the show. Once inside the amphitheater, show your pass and a cast member will direct you to reserve seating.
- The Reserved Seating Section for the Fantasmic! Package is located in the Mickey and Scar sections which are the middle two sections of the theater. Because of the design of this theater, with action taking place on a 50-foot-tall mountain in the middle of the stage, there really are no "bad" seats for this show, although the far left or right can be less than optimal.
- Seating is outdoors and shows are not always canceled because of rain. In the case of lightening and heavy prolonged rain, the show may be canceled or delayed, even after being admitted to the theater. Cancellation decisions are often made based on the latest whether bureau information and at the last minute. Bring a poncho when whether is in doubt.
- Those seated in the first few rows will get wet from special water effects.
- Refreshments and restrooms are located at the rear of the theater. Additionally, vendors selling refreshments circulate prior to the show. Cast members often entertain guest prior to show with a variety of crowd activities.
- To mark the 15th anniversary of the nighttime spectacular, "Glow with the Show" Ears became part of Fantasmic! "Glow with the Show" Ear Hats employ leading edge technology to light up and synchronize with the entertainment experience in amazing and dazzling new ways, making members of the audience an integral part of the show.
Hollywood Hills Theatre, the snack stand at Fantasmic! serves hot dogs, pretzels, chips, cotton candy, soda, water, milk, beer, and Ice Pops. ~ Jan
My kids used snack credits at Fantasmic and got cotton candy. And one kid got ice cream. Hard making your way through the masses of people though. And you cannot use your snack credits with the vendors walking through the stands, you have to get up and go to the back of the stands.. ~ Karen R.
From my experience trying to book, these are "very very difficult to get" packages. I do not know what the "window" is for dining, but typically it is only available early, so say 2pm-4pm ish. ~ Mic
The unfilled reserved seats are given away prior to show time (sometimes up to 25 minutes before). If you delay entering the theater at the specified time, you may find there's no seats left.