Making A Disney Character
Autograph Lunch Box
by Sharon Hahn
Here are a few photos of the lunch box I altered. What I did is the following:
- 1. Bought lunch box in Targets $1 section. The lunch box is approximately 4 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches in size.
- 2. Painted it using red & black acrylic paint. (*tip* I took the lid & handle off lunch box to make it easier to paint by just pushing up on the little metal notches inside.) You may need to apply a couple of coats of paint depending on what color it origionally was.
- 3. Let everything dry for several hours.
- 4. Then decorate. I used cardstock & stickers.
- 5. Apply Mod Podge Gloss-Lustre to seal & make the paint shine. I used several coats of the Mod Podge to make sure the stickers & ribbon attached would not peal off.
- 6. To decorate handle I tied pieces of ribbon around it.
- 7. For the cards I just cut 4 x 5 1/2 inch pieces of cardstock & decorated with stickers for each character. I also have a bunch of plain white cards for any of the hard to find characters we meet or in case we get doubles.
I figure I can put the signed ones away when we get back to the hotel & then put new sheets in. An added bonus is 1/2 the work is done for you if you plan on making them part of your vacation scrapbook.
This was very inexpensive to make. Probably under $10. You just have to buy the lunch box & stickers if you need to make more since you will have plenty of paint & mod podge.