Looks like I picked a good time to go on a lengthy Walt Disney World and Disney Cruise Vacation! The news was really quiet during my two week hiatus. Thanks to Naomi for filling in for me, as last Monday, I was sailing on the Disney Dream!
- Last week, Naomi talked about Candlelight Processional and this week, we know of one more celebrity narrator. Sigorney Weaver has been added to the line up, performing on December 8 – 10.
- Spaceship Earth will be seeing a refurbishment, but the dates have been pushed back. The refurb will now take place from Aug. 22 – 27, reopening on Aug. 28.
- Ospry Ridge golf course will be closing on August 11 for good to make way for the Golden Oak development project.
- Some refrigerators that are found in some guest rooms at select resorts have been either turned off or removed all together due to a potential defect. The replacement of these refrigerators could take up to a few months. (As a side note, I was able to view first hand a turned off refrigerator at Pop Century during my trip this past weekend.)
- This week’s Limited Time Magic event is Christmas in July. From July 22 – 28, guests will be able to pick up ear hat ornaments at both the Ye Old Christmas Shop in the Magic Kingdom and at the Disney Days of Christmas shop at Downtown Disney. In addition, special desserts have been created for the occasion. At Tony’s Town Square in the Magic Kingdom, dine on a Santa Mickey Demitasse dessert. Or, take a bite out of a holiday cupcake from the Main Street Bakery or a gingerbread sundae from the Main Street Ice Cream Parlor.