Ok…I’m gonna be honest. I don’t spend a lot of time at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. It is always the park that I will forgo on a trip and when I do visit, it is only for a few hours. I know…bad Disney fan! Because of that, I don’t eat a whole lot at this park. But when researching some of the best snacks from this park…I was surprised…sure they have a lot of interesting offerings for lunch and dinner, (my favorite being Flame Tree Barbeque) but there aren’t that many creative and cult type snacks found here. Most snacks are typical things you can find in the other parks, like ice cream, popcorn, and pretzels.
However, I have searched and found some really great options that we all should try on our next visit to Disney’s Animal Kingdom, because, well, really…I don’t know why I haven’t already. They sound delicious!
- To start us off, we’re going a little healthier. I know…blasphemous when talking about snacks! However, over at the unassuming Tamu Tamu Refreshments, which can be found in Africa, there are a lot of unique options on the menu. There is one snack that I think is perfect for those uber hot days at Animal Kingdom (we don’t call it Animal Kingdom Hot for nothing!) That snack is the Fresh Fruit Salad. This treat is a half of a pineapple filled with all kinds of different variety of fresh fruit, which includes things like cantaloupe, watermelon, strawberries, blueberries, and melon. Normally, when I’m on vacation, I go for the sugar-coma inducing snacks, but this one would be a lovely respite from all that.
- Speaking of sugar coma, over at Kusafari Coffee Shop and Bakery is where we find our next yummy. The shop, located in Africa, as well, has quite a few options to choose from. One of which is the Brownie Paw. I mean, you take a brownie, which is already chocolatey deliciousness and add on top of that a layer of chocolate ganache, followed by a heavy dose of vanilla icing. Oh my! This larger sized snack is certainly one you should probably consider splitting. But why would you do that?
- Kusafari has another really great treat (ok…they have several. This bakery is loaded with cupcakes and brownies, and cookies) and that is the White Chocolate Elephant Cupcake. It starts with a large moist chocolate cupcake that is filled with chocolate cream on the inside. So far, so good, right? Add a ton of vanilla buttercream frosting on top, which then has toasted coconut sprinkled liberally over it. It’s similar to a German Chocolate cupcake, but a little different. Then, sticking out of the top is a rather sizable white chocolate elephant lollypop! It’s like two snacks in one! Again, this is a large treat, so take the other half back with you to munch on that night while you’re in your hotel room.
- In the mood for something cold or need an afternoon pick me up? Then look no further than the Royal Anandapur Tea Company found in Asia. Here, you need to be sure to try the Frozen Chai. It tastes so yummy and is the consistency of a creamy slushy. Just the perfect treat for walking around Animal Kingdom.
- Looking for something a bit more savory? Then make sure to head over to the Anandapur Local Food Cafe, otherwise known as the Counter Service location for Yak and Yeti. Found in Asia, this quick service location serves up a variety of different options that can’t be found anywhere else. Looking for the perfect snack? Try the chicken fried rice or the pork egg roll! Both options can be found under the sides section of the menu, but both sound equally delicious.
The one thing to keep in mind about most of these snack locations at Disney’s Animal Kingdom is that there is little seating and when there is some, it is mostly outdoors, with some shade. While most snacks here aren’t completely unique, you’ll certainly be able to find some great options to snack on, if you know where to look. Stay tuned as we head to Epcot next.
Incoming search terms:
- best snacks at animal kingdom
- best value snacks at animal kingdom
- good snack option for disney animal kingdom
- snacks at animal kingdom