The Mouse For Less will be featuring recipes from the restaurants of the Disney Dream all week long. Today enjoy Sesame-Flavored Shrimp and Caramelized Onion Cheesecake With Asian Barbecue Sauce from Animator’s Palate .
Sesame-Flavored Shrimp and Caramelized Onion Cheesecake With Asian Barbecue Sauce / Animator’s Palate
Makes 1 (9-inch) cheesecake
1 1/2 cups panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
6 ounces freshly grated Parmesan cheese
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/4 pounds raw shrimp, cleaned
2 teaspoons sesame seeds
28 ounces cream cheese
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3/4 cup liquid eggs
1 1/4 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup shredded smoked Gouda
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Micro greens, for garnish
Asian Barbeque Sauce
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon minced shallot
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 1/2 teaspoons Asian barbecue sauce*
1 teaspoon hot bean sauce*
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce*
1 tablespoon dry sherry
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
1/3 cup chicken stock
For the crust:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients in medium bowl, stirring until well blended. Press mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch spring form pan. Bake crust until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Cool completely before filling.
For the shrimp cheesecake filling:
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté until caramelized. Add shrimp, and sauté until just opaque. Stir in sesame seeds. Set aside to cool.
- Combine cream cheese, salt and pepper in large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in eggs 1 at a time; add cream, beating until well combined. Stir in smoked Gouda and chopped parsley.
- Spoon filling into crust. Place cheesecake on a baking sheet. Bake until cake puffs and top browns, but the center wobbles just slightly when pan is shaken, about 1 1/2 hours. Transfer pan to rack and cool. (Cheesecake can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Run a long, thin knife around pan sides to loosen cheesecake Carefully remove ring, and cut into 14 pieces.
- Serve at room temperature with barbecue sauce and micro greens.
For the Asian barbeque sauce:
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine vegetable oil, shallots and garlic. Sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add Asian barbecue sauce, hot bean sauce and hoisin sauce; cook for 3 minutes. Add sherry and cook for 1 minute. Add soy sauce, sugar and stock; cook for 5 minutes. Transfer mixture to a blender and process until liquefied. Let cool.
*Asian barbeque sauce, hot bean sauce and hoisin sauce are all typical condiments used in Asian cooking. They are available at Asian-foods stores, and in many grocery stores.
Look for Part 4 of Recipes from the Disney Dream Restaurants tomorrow on our Disney News Blog as we feature Smoked Bison with Melted Fennel and Leeks, Hearts of Palm Salad and Blood Orange-Tangerine Vinaigrette from Remy.
- Recipes from the Disney Dream Restaurants – Part 2
- Recipes from the Disney Dream Restaurants – Part 5
- Delicious Disney Dishes: Lobster and Scallop Fisherman’s Pie from the Epcot Food and Wine Festival
- Recipes from the Disney Dream Restaurants – Part 1
- Delicious Disney Dishes: Chocolate Souffle from Palo on the Disney Cruise Line