Walt Disney World Closures and Refurbishments
- Dream Along with Mickey will be closed from July 19 through August 22.
- Pirates of the Caribbean will close for refurbishment from June 8 through September 25
- Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party will offer an enhanced version beginning July 5. In addition to a variety of desserts and beverages, guest will now enjoy a sparkling cider toast as the fireworks begin. Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party is $49 for adults, $29 for children, tax included.
- Liberty Tree Tavern will close for refurbishment from July 6 through November 20
- Liberty Square Riverboat will close for refurbishment from August 4 through August 10
- Walt Disney World Railroad will close for refurbishment from September 28 through November 5
- Cinderella Castle moat has been drained. This work is being done as part of a larger project that will create a second ring around the current hub that adds more walkways and dedicated viewing areas for Magic Kingdom fireworks and parades, as well as sculpted gardens. This multi-phase enhancement project will be completed in 2015.
- New – American Music Machine has debuted at the American Adventure pavilion in World Showcase. The five-member, contemporary a cappella group will be playing a diverse range of contemporary and classic American pop hits at the America Gardens Theatre. Look for American Music Machine at the America Gardens Theatre, Wednesday through Sunday at 12:30, 1:40, 2:20, 3 and 3:45 p.m. each week.
- Epcot will undergo expansion in the coming months. When work is complete in 2016, the attraction will include an additional theater. Soarin’ will also get updates to its screens and projection system, bringing a visually enhanced experience. The attraction is expect to remain open during most of this work.
- Maelstrom and the Spirit of Norway movie have closed. In their place, a new “Frozen” themed attraction will be built that is expect to open in early 2016. The new attraction will take guests to Arendelle and immerse them in many of their favorite moments and music from the film. The pavilion will also include a royal greeting location with Anna and Elsa.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid will close for refurbishment from September 7 through September 10.
- Toy Story Midway Mania will undergo expansion in the coming months. When work is complete in 2016, the attraction will include more track allowing even more guest to enjoy this attraction. The attraction is expect to remain open during most of this work.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- New – Harambe Market will open in the Africa section of the park on May 22. Food and beverage will include street-inspired dishes served from four walk-up windows throughout the Marketplace.
- Creature Comforts is closed for refurbishment through June 14. The merchandise location is being converted to a new Starbucks location.
- Flame Tree Barbecue is closed through May 22. Work will include the addition of more covered seating areas and the installation of covered walkways. Some Flame Tree Barbecue items may be available at other Quick Service eateries throughout the park.
- Disney Parks has announced a long-term relationship with James Cameron’s Lightstorm Entertainment and Fox Filmed Entertainment to bring the fantasy world of AVATAR to life at Animal Kingdom Park. The new Avatar-inspired Land will feature multiple attractions, entertainment, merchandise locations, restaurants and other immersive elements. Construction on Avatarland is expected to wrap up around 2017.
Downtown Disney (WDW)
- Fulton’s Crab House will be closed for refurbishment from January 1, 2016 through April 1, 2016.
- Planet Hollywood will be closed for refurbishment from January 1, 2016 through June 1, 2016.
- Parking Lots – Entrance 2 – Lots A-G will be closed through August 1, 2016 in preparation for the construction of Town Center and the East Garage.
- Roadwork on Buena Vista Drive will take place through March 2016. Due to heavy roadwork, expect delays on Buena Vista Drive. It is recommended that Guests use complimentary Walt Disney World Resort transportation from Parks and Resorts to Downtown Disney and plan to arrive early for reserved dining and entertainment experiences.
- Downtown Disney will undergo a multi-year transformation into Disney Springs. New and completed areas will open in phases, and the project is expected to be complete in 2016.
Disneyland Resort Closures and Rehabs
- Innoventions will be closed through September 30, 2016. New plans are currently in development for this location. More details will be shared as they become available.
- Peter Pan’s Flight will be closed from through July 5.
Disney’s California Adventure Closures and Refurbishments
- Luigi’s Flying Tires will be closed through December 1. A new attraction will debut in its place.
- Muppet*Vision 3D is closed indefinitely while theater is used for Frozen-themed show.
Outside the Theme Parks