When you get in trouble and you don’t know right from wrong
Give a little whistle! Give a little whistle! – Jiminy Cricket
Q. We will be going to Disney World the first week of August. We are not staying on property and we are not annual passholders. We have already registered our park tickets on the My Disney Experience site and we will pick out our FastPass+ choices 30 days before we leave. We were planning to buy a MagicBand for each of us when we arrive. Can we order the MagicBand to be sent to us now and when we arrive have a cast member transfer the FastPass+ info to the bands? Since there are only two Downtown Disney locations listed that sell the bands, would we then have to go to Guest Relations to have the info transferred? Thanks for your help. (Submitted by Mary P.)
A. Hi Mary!
Well, unfortunately, I must tell you that you cannot pre-order MagicBands and have them shipped to your house ahead of time, unless you are staying on property. (Darn the luck…it would be nice to have that step already completed before your trip. Who knows what the future may bring though. This process is constantly changing.) If you are not staying on property and would like to utilize a MagicBand during your trip, you must purchase the band at one of the locations that sells them. The reason behind this is that Disney has to activate the MagicBands with your specific information, as well as make sure that you have valid park tickets. The good news though is that you will not have to go to Guest Relations, in addition to the location where you choose to purchase your MagicBands; the MagicBands can be activated at the register by the Cast Member handling your purchase.
For those who are curious, MagicBands can be purchased for $12.95 and can be found at the following locations on property:
- Emporium on Main Street U.S.A.
- Frontierland Trading Post
- Space Mountain Gift Shop
- Mickey’s Gift Station at the TTC
- Big Top Souvenirs
- Disney Traders in World Showcase
- Camera Center under Spaceship Earth
- World Traveler at the International Gateway
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Legends of Hollywood
- Stage One
- The Darkroom
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Chester and Hester’s Dinosaur Treasures
- Disney Outfitters
- Creature Comforts
- Disney’s Pin Traders in the Marketplace
- DisneyQuest gift shop on the West Side
Knowing this information, I hope that you have a wonderful vacation!
- Give a Little Whistle – Tackling Your Disney Dilemmas – 3/12/15
- Give a Little Whistle – Tackling Your Disney Dilemmas – 6/12/14
- Give a Little Whistle – Tackling Your Disney Dilemmas – 6/4/15
- Give a Little Whistle – Tackling Your Disney Dilemmas – 9/4/14
- Give a Little Whistle – Tackling Your Disney Dilemmas – 3/7/2012