By Heather Lewis
The 17th Annual Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot is currently running through May 16. The festival, themed “Celebrate the Great Outdoors,” features flowers, topiaries, demonstrations, and even special weekend concerts. Here is a peek at just some of the beautiful displays from this year’s festival.
Guests are welcomed at the entrance with Goofy, Daisy, and Donald in a camping scene.
As you approached the World Showcase lagoon, a school of dolphins reminded guests of Disney’s upcoming movie Oceans, which opens in theaters on Earth Day (April 22).
Tinker Bell and her friends from Pixie Hollow also made an appearance again this year. There is even a play area for the preschoolers in this location.
In front of the Lagoon, Mickey and Minnie were tending to their crops in this American Gothic-inspired topiary.
Throughout World Showcase, many Disney characters made appearances in or near their home countries. Lady and the Tramp were in Italy, enjoying a stroll after dinner.
Snow White and the seven dwarfs were near a character meeting spot in Germany.
Belle & Beast were facing the Lagoon in France.
In addition to the topiaries, there were also the perfectly designed landscaping arrangements that guests expect from Disney.
The ever popular Butterfly Garden was crowded, and home to as many butterflies as ever. The butterfly garden is part of the expanded Pixie Hollow display this year.
If you go…
- There are festival activities throughout the park, so park admission is required.
- Be sure to grab a festival map when you enter the park. This will highlight the special events and locations of topiary displays. It helps to ensure you don’t miss anything in your tour.
- The Flower Power concert series is held Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 5:15, 6:30 and 7:45 p.m. in the American Gardens Theater. Featured acts are from the ’60s and ’70s.
- There is festival-exclusive merchandise at select locations throughout the park. There is a selection of gardening items, posters, and trading pins, among other items. Be on the lookout for the flamingo from Fantasia wearing Mickey ears.
- Check out the American gardener series, which features demonstrations from popular gardeners.
- There is even an iPhone app to help your find your way through the festival (just in case a festival map is too low-tech). The app costs 99 cents, and is available through iTunes.
- For more information about this year’s festival, visit our page found here. There is a link to the official festival map there are well.
- Epcot’s 18th Annual Flower and Garden Festival
- Why I Love The Epcot Flower and Garden Festival
- Top 7 Best Things About the 2015 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival
- When to Visit Walt Disney World
- Fall Festivities at Walt Disney World